• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* England in New Zealand 2019

theegyptian

International Vice-Captain
As long as they don't interfere with him, oh you have to bowl faster, oh you have to do this or that. Played 37 T20s 61 wickets at 15.24 econ 7.06

@cricvizanalyst
Parkinson's average speed so far has been just 74.62kph. No spinner in our database has bowled at a slower average speed than that in their career. #NZvEng
I want to believe that Parkinson can deceive players at the international level through drift and spin, but I have my doubts at the speed he bowls. He certainly would be an outlier. I would think Rashid is fairly safe in his position assuming his shoulder is fine.

Different game at international level where basically everyone has the power and/or skill. Brown already finding it tough with players just setting themselves for his slower balls (mainly on the back foot) and then depositing them over the leg side.

Mahmood wasn't used that much at Lancashire at critical points in their t20 last year so I don't think it's much of a surprise he hasn't been great here.

Be good if Brown, Mahmood, Gregory, Banton and in particular Parkinson can get some gigs in domestic t20s this winter so they can get some more experience and to judge them on some higher level cricket. Brown and Banton already signed up.

jcas0167

International Debutant
New Zealand A v England, November 15-17, Cobham Oval: Tom Blundell ( Wellington Firebirds) captain, Kyle Jamieson (Auckland Aces), Scott Kuggeleijn (Northern Districts), Daryl Mitchell (Northern Districts), Jimmy Neesham (Wellington Firebirds), Ajaz Patel (Central Stags), Glenn Phillips (Auckland Aces), Rachin Ravindra (Wellington Firebirds), Hamish Rutherford (Otago Volts), Tim Seifert (Northern Districts), Will Somerville (Auckland Aces), Blair Tickner (Central Stags).

jcas0167

International Debutant
https://www.nzc.nz/news-items/impressive-nz-a-side-assembled-to-face-english-stars-in-whangarei

Looks like a strong squad. Am keen to see how a few of our younger guys do against a strong England team
Yeah, I'm pleased to see Finn Allen in the NZ XI. New Zealand XI v England, November 12-13, Cobham Oval

Leo Carter - Canterbury (c)

Jack Boyle - Canterbury

Jakob Bhula - Wellington Firebirds

Ken McClure - Canterbury

Finn Allen - Auckland Aces

Sandeep Patel - Northern Districts

Henry Shipley - Canterbury

Theo van Woerkom - Canterbury

Max Chu - Otago Volts (wk)

Jake Gibson – Northern Districts

Scott Johnston - Northern Districts

Ben Lister - Auckland

theegyptian

International Vice-Captain
Think I'd like to see them use Bairstow in the middle order for this next game. Allow Banton some more game time. Malan and Vince have been pretty decent. Would strengthen the middle order where the problems have been. Also I think it might be where he ends up in the side at full strength.

OH and Bairstow's been called up to the test squad as cover for Denly which I'm not sure i agree with. https://www.ecb.co.uk/england/men/news/1487239/bairstow-added-to-test-squad-as-back-up

If they wanted to rest or drop him (as they did originally) then really I feel like they should follow through and give him the break.

Obviously if you are the new coach and didn't have any input on the original squad I can see why you might want Bairstow there if you think he's going to be one of your important players going forward - so that might be the reason for the inconsistency.

Last edited:

GoodAreasShane

Cricketer Of The Year
Banton does look a good young player, shows how highly he is thought of that the Heat have signed him for the BBL games that ABDV isn't available for.

Just needs to put away the reverse sweep once and for all though

FBU

International Debutant
Bairstow added to Test squad. Dropped for 0 matches haha
What was Crawley brought along for? There was also talk that Vince might get back in after Denly's injury.It doesn't matter how many runs they get in white ball cricket, Test cricket is different.

Bairstow
2019 Tests 20.25
ODIs 46.88

PavlovsDog

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
Commentary seems awkward. Doull has had to correct Hussain twice and I’m not really sure there is any point in Frankie Mackay being there, neither Doull or Hussain seems to address her, so she just seems to chip in when there is a bit of silence.