• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* England in New Zealand 2019

Athlai

Not Terrible
I really want to buy the new Black Caps kit that looks like the old teal one, but with gouging like that I don't think I'll either bother going to an Auckland game.

NZTailender

I can't believe I ate the whole thing
I really want to buy the new Black Caps kit that looks like the old teal one, but with gouging like that I don't think I'll either bother going to an Auckland game.
Where's that at?

For yesterdays game I kept thinking "this is one of the most bland and forgettable uniforms we've ever fielded." Not bad, just, bland.

The Hutt Rec

International Vice-Captain
Can’t find it for sale anywhere yet ... wonder if it’s been on sale at the matches? I’m definitely keen to grab one to wear at the MCG.

I actually think all our uniforms post-2015 World Cup (which I loved!) have been really boring and bland. This retro one is the only one I’ve had any motivation to buy.

Last edited:

Moss

International Vice-Captain
Where's that at?

For yesterdays game I kept thinking "this is one of the most bland and forgettable uniforms we've ever fielded." Not bad, just, bland.
I quite like the uniform. Though WC 2015 was terrific and it's a shame they've got rid of the blue since, i'm actually happy with the current respectable middle-of-the-road uniforms for the test and ODI sides. It's probably because I absolutely couldn't stand the v-neck jerseys which were used during the Vettori and Ross Taylor captaincy eras:

A dissection: DEC on the Black Caps' shirts | Stuff.co.nz

Absolute worst right there, anything that came after 2012 has been generally good. Would be pretty cool to see the teal again though, happy memories of the ICC knockout tournament 2000.

NZTailender

I can't believe I ate the whole thing
I quite like the uniform. Though WC 2015 was terrific and it's a shame they've got rid of the blue since, i'm actually happy with the current respectable middle-of-the-road uniforms for the test and ODI sides. It's probably because I absolutely couldn't stand the v-neck jerseys which were used during the Vettori and Ross Taylor captaincy eras:

A dissection: DEC on the Black Caps' shirts | Stuff.co.nz

Absolute worst right there, anything that came after 2012 has been generally good. Would be pretty cool to see the teal again though, happy memories of the ICC knockout tournament 2000.
Those were genuinely bad, and pretty apt for the lost time of NZ cricket that was post-Fleming and pre-McCullum. The current ones are good by comparison no doubt, but that doesn't make them good on their own.

When a "best of ODI shirts" gets compiled again just before the next WC the current ones will be somewhere in the high teens, probably.

Briggs

Banned
Saqib Mahmood can become the first bowler to score 100 in T20 cricket if he bowls like the way he is doing currently

jcas0167

International Debutant
Can’t find it for sale anywhere yet ... wonder if it’s been on sale at the matches? I’m definitely keen to grab one to wear at the MCG.

I actually think all our uniforms post-2015 World Cup (which I loved!) have been really boring and bland. This retro one is the only one I’ve had any motivation to buy.
I didn't see them at the stadium on Sunday.

IMG_20191103_140748110.jpg

Jack1

International Debutant
glad i didn't travel to this piss show because i was tempted

the teams England have put out have been mickey mouse thinking at best

_Ed_

Request Your Custom Title Now!
glad i didn't travel to this piss show because i was tempted

the teams England have put out have been mickey mouse thinking at best
Some of the new players have looked pretty promising IMO - Brown, Gregory, Parkinson and Banton have all impressed me.

thierry henry

International Coach
Was asked to go to the game on Sunday with a group of mates organised by a guy who doesn't even like cricket - then we checked the prices and promptly cancelled those plans. Until I got confirmation here I thought I must have been missing something as it couldn't possibly be $60 minimum to go to a sparsely-attended T20....

PavlovsDog

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
Some of the new players have looked pretty promising IMO - Brown, Gregory, Parkinson and Banton have all impressed me.
Brown hasn’t really impressed me too much so far. I hope he gets the last 2 games though, think Mahmood needs to sit out the last 2 and reflect.

FBU

International Debutant
Parkinson can displace Rashid from T20I setup
As long as they don't interfere with him, oh you have to bowl faster, oh you have to do this or that. Played 37 T20s 61 wickets at 15.24 econ 7.06

@cricvizanalyst
Parkinson's average speed so far has been just 74.62kph. No spinner in our database has bowled at a slower average speed than that in their career. #NZvEng