• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Bangladesh in India 2019

AndyZaltzHair

Hall of Fame Member
Its the first time we are getting a full series in India. Not much excitement left after few turmoil days in our cricket. But still looking forward to it.

Schedule

SUN 3/11 - 07:30 PM +06
1st T20I, (N) at Delhi, Nov 3 2019

THU 7/11 - 07:30 PM +06
2nd T20I, (N) at Rajkot, Nov 7 2019

SUN 10/11 - 07:30 PM +06
3rd T20I, (N) at Nagpur, Nov 10 2019

THU 14/11 - 10:00 AM +06
1st Test, at Indore, Nov 14-18 2019

2nd Test, (D/N) at Kolkata, Nov 22-26 2019

h_hurricane

International Vice-Captain
There is an air of fallibility around Indian T20 team. More so evident in the absence of Kohli and Bumrah. No wonder we are 5th in the rankings in this format.

vcs

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Definitely their weakest format. Not that anyone cares, as long as we keep doing well in Tests.

vcs

People will probably care during the World Cup next year.

Not me and probably not many on CW, but still.
Yeah, but there isn't much correlation between these rankings and what happens in the T20 WC (I agree that is possibly the only thing that matters in this format).

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Yeah, but there isn't much correlation between these rankings and what happens in the T20 WC (I agree that is possibly the only thing that matters in this format).
Yeah but you said it was their weakest format rather than just that they were going to be ranked mid-table. It'll be their weakest format even when they're taking it seriously and playing full strength lineups IMO. Not that they can't do well anyway, but still.

vcs

It's their weakest format, but I don't really rate anyone else either. So they still have a decent chance in the T20 WC. :D

Being serious, I would probably expect England, NZ and Australia in those conditions to be slightly better than India. Dhawan isn't great in T20s, though Aussie pitches could suit him better. Rohit is our best player in this format. Kohli is slightly less explosive these days, but he has an incredible record in the tournament. Bumrah is a jet, rest of the attack is kind of unproven.

Overall, as long as the pitch isn't a complete 220+ road, they should be fine IMO. Format is a tossup though, so making predictions is pointless.

h_hurricane

International Vice-Captain
Additionally, our batsmen are suspect on sticky wickets. That left arm of Santner gives haunting memories.

trundler

It's their weakest format, but I don't really rate anyone else either. So they still have a decent chance in the T20 WC. :D

Being serious, I would probably expect England, NZ and Australia in those conditions to be slightly better than India. Dhawan isn't great in T20s, though Aussie pitches could suit him better. Rohit is our best player in this format. Kohli is slightly less explosive these days, but he has an incredible record in the tournament. Bumrah is a jet, rest of the attack is kind of unproven.

Overall, as long as the pitch isn't a complete 220+ road, they should be fine IMO. Format is a tossup though, so making predictions is pointless.
You fool, you killed the "yeah but" streak.

ankitj

Hall of Fame Member
So finally a win for BD after India denied them victory on last ball on at least 3 occasions.

Daemon

I hope they’re not seriously considering Chahar and Ahmed as first picks for the WC.