• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

2019/20 New Zealand First-Class Season Draft (Division 2)

straw man

Hall of Fame Member
Give one injury-prone allrounder who should perform until they get injury-subbed out to each team:
Cats - Anderson
Goats - Clarkson

Kippax

Cricketer Of The Year
Bookmarking this post for review in April.
NZT already took Brownlie off the table, so I'll take this as a sign I need to reverse course. Bhula gets his gig with the Goats, may his 150 points be crucial in their season-long battle with the Cats.

vandem

International 12th Man
NZT already took Brownlie off the table, so I'll take this as a sign I need to reverse course. Bhula gets his gig with the Goats, may his 150 points be crucial in their season-long battle with the Cats.
Do you get a bonus 150 points for a maiden first class century? ;-)

NZTailender

I can't believe I ate the whole thing
Cats:
J Carter
Murdoch
Blundell +
Baker
B Wheeler
B Popli

Goats:
Bhula
J Patel
C Fletcher +
McPeake
E Nuttall
C Leopard

vandem

International 12th Man
Nuttall already picked by straw man.

Adding Nofal and Rippon and Anderson and Clarkson from straw mans previous picks for Cats and Goats.

Adding my picks McClure and Williams

Putting in batting order.

(corrections welcome)

Cats:
J Carter
Popli
Murdoch
McClure
x
Anderson
Blundell +
Rippon
Wheeler
x
Baker

Goats:
Bhula
x
x
Leopard
Nofal
Clarkson
C Fletcher +
J Patel
Williams
x
McPeake

Kippax

Cricketer Of The Year
Hawkins and Renwick for the Goats, Mitchell and Rae for the Cats.

Hey they're getting too weakened by barrel-scraping to be competitive! NZT and Vandem to flesh these out, or else you two should enter Horns & Claws Inc. and try to cause a genuine uproar in Div 2.

vandem

International 12th Man
A Fletcher, Newton, Bowes. NZT to finish. Still some choices for final seamer for Goats, Sears or van Beek or Milne or Small?

Cats:
J Carter
Popli
Murdoch
McLure
Mitchell
Anderson
Blundell +
Rippon
Wheeler
Rae
Baker
14 A Fletcher

Goats:
Bhula
Hawkins
Renwick
Leopard
Nofal
Clarkson
C Fletcher +
J Patel
Williams
x
McPeake
13 Newton
14 Bowes

straw man

Hall of Fame Member
Yes, thanks Kippax.

Knew no Ferguson for this match due to broken finger. But didn't know De Colin wasn't playing - anyone know why?

NZTailender

I can't believe I ate the whole thing
Early doors but my players doing sfa. I take it I can sub worker for KNB this round as the latter has a side injury?

vandem

International 12th Man
Yes subs are automatic if I can find mention of an injury, which I have for KNB and Ferguson.
also injured for PS round 1

Young shoulder (cdcricket.co.nz)
Bruce minor knee surgery (cdcricket.co.nz)
D Bracewell knee (cdcricket.co.nz)
Small knee (cdcricket.co.nz)

straw man

Hall of Fame Member
Guessing highest scoring players of the round would be Mitchell and Duffy, one of whom wasn't picked and one who was picked only at the end.