• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

2nd Test, Lord's, London

morgieb

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I think he was given the opportunity to do so though wasn’t he ? And rightly so, that he didn’t quite crack it in the 10 innings he had at the top is not to say Roy won’t, but Roy should be given at least 10 opportunities also, maybe more due to our lack of options.
Yeah fair enough. Out of England's current lineup I'd drop Denly first, but I really can't see Roy scoring runs at Test level. At least not in the Top 3, and England already have a number of good 5-7 options.

TheJediBrah

:laugh: Agreed. And you also to what I’m actually saying.
We're not going to change our whole discussion because you didn't intend to talk about it in your reply

the whole reason we're talking about Curran & (more seriously) Woakes as top order options was so Roy could bat in the middle order. The whole point of the conversation was Roy's batting position.

Starfighter

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I think he was given the opportunity to do so though wasn’t he ? And rightly so, that he didn’t quite crack it in the 10 innings he had at the top is not to say Roy won’t, but Roy should be given at least 10 opportunities also, maybe more due to our lack of options.
Bull****. Finch never succeeded as an opener at first class level, and failed at tests when given the opportunity. Roy has never succeeded as a first class opener either. If someone fails in easier first class matches it defies logic to think that they would succeed in tests where attacks are better and opening harder.

TheJediBrah

must have hit that

edit: or too high. And probably pitched outside leg too lol. Looked good live though

King Pietersen

International Captain
must have hit that

edit: or too high. And probably pitched outside leg too lol. Looked good live though
Did it? Didn't look anywhere close to out to me live. Was always too high. Hazlewood's bowled slightly too short so far this morning, so if he hits the pads, chances are it's going over.

TheJediBrah

Warne, it's not 'taking a positive approach' to bowl first on this sort of pitch.
I love to jump on Warne saying dumb **** as much as the next guy, but I think he's right.

Best way of getting a win here, in a 4 day Test, is bowling first. That's why it's the positive approach.

TheJediBrah

Did it? Didn't look anywhere close to out to me live. Was always too high. Hazlewood's bowled slightly too short so far this morning, so if he hits the pads, chances are it's going over.
I'm watching at a bit of an angle and glancing between screens while training my Raticate

Woodster

International Captain
Yeah fair enough. Out of England's current lineup I'd drop Denly first, but I really can't see Roy scoring runs at Test level. At least not in the Top 3, and England already have a number of good 5-7 options.
I agree with you on Denly, seems a lovely bloke but fortunate to get an opportunity at Test cricket.