• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* India in West Indies 2019

cnerd123

likes this
Yep. Case of a big fish in a small pond it seems. Hope they don’t throw him into the deep end just to see if he’ll sink or swim.
Sorry but this is too scrag-gill-y for me. While I appreciate the ca-gill-y conceived fish metaphor, it was executed in too lo-gill-y a manner to really hit home. Good effort, but if this were Reddit, I wouldn't be gill-ding this post.

OverratedSanity

Request Your Custom Title Now!
This series should be Rahane's last chance. Been given an extremely long rope, and while he played a handful of very useful knocks in all of the recent overseas tours, but it's nowhere near enough now that there are enough promising batsmen waiting for a chance. Didn't exactly dominate in his County stint either.

Shri

Mr. Glass
Sorry but this is too scrag-gill-y for me. While I appreciate the ca-gill-y conceived fish metaphor, it was executed in too lo-gill-y a manner to really hit home. Good effort, but if this were Reddit, I wouldn't be gill-ding this post.
poor

-10/10

Daemon

hey ***** why don’t you ****-gill-off

kushagra29

Cricket Spectator
He's probably gillty of not going big in any of the A matches vs West Indies.
I think playing big innings needs some maturity. I don't think he is matured enough to do that. But a guy of his age, you can take his consistency into account. The God of Cricket himself took 75 innings to score his first century in ODIs. So, I think Gill has a long way to go

harsh.ag

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I think playing big innings needs some maturity. I don't think he is matured enough to do that. But a guy of his age, you can take his consistency into account. The God of Cricket himself took 75 innings to score his first century in ODIs. So, I think Gill has a long way to go
Well, Sachin was stuck down at #4-5 until then. So, of course he couldn't score a century. He scored one in test cricket much earlier. So, it wasn't about that.

vcs

Sachin definitely missed out on a lot of century opportunities early on in his ODI career. That 82(49) in NZ should have been converted into a hundred, he'd probably have got the record for fastest hundred as well if he'd done it.

harsh.ag

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Sachin definitely missed out on a lot of century opportunities early on in his ODI career. That 82(49) in NZ should have been converted into a hundred, he'd probably have got the record for fastest hundred as well if he'd done it.
That was his 70th innings or something. That's when he moved up the order. First innings at the iconic #2.

Beamer

International Vice-Captain
Gill just made a very nice 40 against Windies A. All the shots, very solid.

But gave it away trying to lift a shot through the legside against Cornwall who viewed him an excellent arm ball.

Maybe that inability to kick on is why he wasn't selected.

SillyCowCorner1

Gill just made a very nice 40 against Windies A. All the shots, very solid.

But gave it away trying to lift a shot through the legside against Cornwall who viewed him an excellent arm ball.

Maybe that inability to kick on is why he wasn't selected.
Did Holder take the catch? Was a spectacular catch man

SillyCowCorner1

India wins the toss..will bowl first. Navdeep Saini gets to play his first international game.

John Campbell playing his 2nd ...Narine is back

Last edited:

vcs

I wish they'd just rest everybody from these JAMT20s. Why are Kohli, Dhawan, Rohit playing?

SillyCowCorner1

True. Would definitely like to visit your part of the world at some point.
It's good that some of these senior players get to play alongside these newer players. Great chemistry builder.

Oh damn...now Lewis goes for a duck.