• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

**Official** Ireland in England 2019

vcs

Request Your Custom Title Now!
He played 2-3 amazing little knocks in SA. He hasn't quite figured out how to get big scores yet but I think he'll do a kohli eventually and translate his great odi form into great test numbers.

He's the best of the next generation after the fab 4 imo
I think Markram is also going to be very, very good but he has the opposite problem - hasn't figured out ODIs yet. Hope Shaw and Gill also come good.

Fuller Pilch

Hall of Fame Member
I think Markram is also going to be very, very good but he has the opposite problem - hasn't figured out ODIs yet. Hope Shaw and Gill also come good.
Nicholls needs more runs in ODIs but is quality in tests. If only he hadn't missed a straight one from Plunkett in the final.

QDK is pretty good in both forms

Francis9898

Cricket Spectator
Don’t think Jonny is good enough to bat higher than 7. His technique at test level is always found out anywhere that may do a little bit. He always seems to just waft at the ball and get out bowled or lbw then review like a sulky little brat even if it’s obviously out.

Xuhaib

International Coach
He played 2-3 amazing little knocks in SA. He hasn't quite figured out how to get big scores yet but I think he'll do a kohli eventually and translate his great odi form into great test numbers.

He's the best of the next generation after the fab 4 imo
I think Bobby Azam is averaging 50+ in his last 10 tests which is a decent sample size for a bloke who has played 21 tests. The problem with guys like Babar and Hope is they do not have great senior test batsman around them. I believe having great senior test batsman around you as mentors certainly aid your development as a test batsman for odis it is certainly not that essential thats why I wanted Younis to carry on for 2 more years and PCB should have accepted his demands for test captaincy post Misbah he was still fit enough certainly would have done better then Sarfraz and would have helped blokes like babar and Haris.

Markaram also would have developed quicker had he played with Kallis, Smith, AB and peak Amla .

Daemon

Although the 77.5 over ball doing that much doesn't bode well this cloudy morning.

Ireland have a tough, tough task ahead. Personally think they'll fall agonisingly short.

Spintolose

U19 Cricketer
Root told Bairstow to review it, just after he had run out Denly. Also dropped a catch in the slips off Broad. I have no faith in Root as captain.
Well, there are all types of captains, but personality wise he does seem a bit airy fairy (probably one of the reasons Crimbaby Warner gave him a slap that time).

The latest ad he's in that's been doing the rounds on Sky is enough for him to be immediately sacked as captain.
He's even worse than reading parrot fashion off a board than Theresa May.

Uppercut

IMO 182 to win puts us way ahead in the game, but given England's attack, our batting, and these conditions England are still big favourites.

Daemon

IMO 182 to win puts us way ahead in the game, but given England's attack, our batting, and these conditions England are still big favourites.
It's unreal how no other sport is affected this much by conditions. Just lousy luck for Ireland.