• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Australia A in England 2019

Test_Fan_Only

First Class Debutant
Paine is the wicket keeper, Paine is the captain and there is no sign that is going to change soon. Carey is the heir apparent wicket keeper, he is not a test match standard batsman and almost certainly never will be. If they want him to be a test match batsman he needs to play a lot more FC cricket than he has recently

Test_Fan_Only

First Class Debutant
Now Harris is gone, disappointingly could not go on after making a start, out for 34. Lets see if the middle order can do anything.

aussie tragic

International Captain
I've got say, Neser, Bird, Tremain, Siddle, Holland is a nothing attack compared to Cummins, Pattinson, Starc, Hazlewood, Lyon.

I guess that's why they're going with the school yard draft pick in the Aussie A vs XII game rather than best vs the rest

stephen

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I'm yet to be convinced that Neser, Tremain or Holland are test match bowlers. Bird and Siddle are or were quite good at that level.

So yeah I think the order draft picks will be:

Cummins
Starc
Hazelwood
Pattinson
Lyon
Bird
Siddle
Neser
Tremain
Holland

Starc isn't as good as the other 3 test quicks but he's got massive wraps on him by players and management. Neser ahead of Tremain on his batting.

aussie tragic

International Captain
And of course Wade scores another ton...what more does he have to do to be in the Ashes squad.

As Hohns indicated they are picking a 16 man squad with only 7 batsmen, Wade has to be the back-up keeper and extra bat...

Test_Fan_Only

First Class Debutant
And of course Wade scores another ton...what more does he have to do to be in the Ashes squad.

As Hohns indicated they are picking a 16 man squad with only 7 batsmen, Wade has to be the back-up keeper and extra bat...
Only 7 batsmen, that is one less than last time, although one of the 8 was Mitch Marsh. Perhaps it will be only two openers with Khawaja to play there if needed, although he is injured so not sure how that works.

As for Wade being back up keeper, I just cannot see that happening, it will be Carey.

aussie tragic

International Captain
Meanwhile, Peter Siddle just took 5-33 and now has 32 wkts @ 19.87 for the season. Someone is going to have to take a load of wkts in the A game to knock him out of the 5th pacer spot

aussie tragic

International Captain

aussie tragic

International Captain
Well I guess Neser is out of Ashes contention as Paine only bowled him for 7 overs? Even Mitch Marsh had 13 overs (Tremain 17.1 and Bird 23)

morgieb

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Well I guess Neser is out of Ashes contention as Paine only bowled him for 7 overs? Even Mitch Marsh had 13 overs (Tremain 17.1 and Bird 23)
He really was never in it. No way would you consider him ahead of Cummins, Starc, Pattinson, Hazlewood, Richardson, Siddle, Bird or Tremain.

aussie tragic

International Captain
He really was never in it. No way would you consider him ahead of Cummins, Starc, Pattinson, Hazlewood, Richardson, Siddle, Bird or Tremain.
I agree, but it makes a farce of changing the Aus A vs Aus XI match to a XII player non-FC match just so that Neser and Tremain can play

Last edited:

Test_Fan_Only

First Class Debutant
I agree, but makes a farce of the change to a XII player non-FC match just so that Neser and Tremain can play
Tremain should be playing that match ahead of Siddle. He comphrehensively out bowled Siddle for Victoria last Shield season. Yes Siddle is doing well in County cricket but as Tremain is not playing there is no way to compare them.

aussie tragic

International Captain
Doesn't really matter as Cummins, Starc, Pattinson, Richardson and Hazlewood are world class so we don't need some Langer BS match-up to know that. With Richardson injured any 5th bowler would not likely play a test anyway so might as well have Siddle in the squad for his experience