• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Final - England v New Zealand

Who will win the match?

• Total voters

91Jmay

International Coach
Great win, everyone knew the boundary rule prior too the tournament. One side tries to hit lots of boundaries and the other side builds totals by higher percentage shots. Would probably look at Santner ducking the last ball or the phantom wide to start the over myself.

harsh.ag

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
It's probably a good idea to remember that the surreal 6 not happening means an alternate universe where Stokes could have smoked the next ball for 6 because he had no other option but to go for it. Resulting in a 1 off 1.

The Hutt Rec

International Vice-Captain
Yeah agree with that. I would just have another super over.

I actually think that is better than penalties in football. It is still actually recognisably cricket. Penalties is not really football at all (and I actually like penalties more than most.)
Bring back the bowl out

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Then he thought about trying to run a bye but didn’t for some reason.
Haha because Boult had no interest in it at all. If anything you'd think Boult would just be backing up regardless and it'd be Santner with some sort of record to protect and not having backed up halfway down the pitch by the time it go to the other end who'd be reluctant, but it was Boult.

cpr

International Coach
For all those saying NZ should've won on less wickets lost... why? When has the aim of LO cricket been not to lose wickets?

Yeah boundaries is a bit of a notional one to end a match on, but that's why its the 3rd choice after 51 over of cricket.

I know wickets lost is ICC sanctioned, but it seems so backwards a way to end a game based on scoring runs by encouraging teams not to try for runs. Today England lost their last two wickets going for that extra run - including one when the game was already drawn. Would you have rather the WC final ended with England not going for a second run (if NZ had lost 9 not) because it'd actually lose them the game to try and win? Seems weird.

thierry henry

International Coach
How special do you have to be call it ‘salt’ when someone complains because you hit the 3rd last ball for 4 extra runs while running a 2

The **** is wrong with you clowns

mr_mister

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Great win, everyone knew the boundary rule prior too the tournament. One side tries to hit lots of boundaries and the other side builds totals by higher percentage shots. Would probably look at Santner ducking the last ball or the phantom wide to start the over myself.
Oh come on lol pretending there was any thought given to this rule by anybody

this is like a 0.00001% occurrence and nobody factors it into team strategy