• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Role of rain in semi final line-up

Status
Not open for further replies.

harsh.ag

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
lol rubbish. Rain might have favoured SA slightly in that scenario but not significantly enough to complain about (and it was 194 in 36 overs, don't exaggerate), or enough to justify Pak losing by as much as they did.

compared to the match against Eng which Pakistan were 100% going to lose, absolutely. Horrid comparison. Pakistan owe their only real cricketing achievement to a rained out match, accept it. Or accept that you are a deplorable hypocrite for complaining about the same thing now.
Nah, come on. Pak went from needing 138 in 171 deliveries to needing 120 in 87 deliveries. Not a "slight" thing by any measure.

harsh.ag

1992 was a bit of a joke WC though. Too many games affected by the rubbish rain rules.

Agent Nationaux

International Coach
Bangladesh don't rely on rain to luck out on their sole claim to fame in history, and their army doesn't appoint puppet prime ministers, so Shakib probably will fall well short on all but the personal front.
Oh piss off. You didn’t need to bring politics into it. You always were a bitter prick.

Pakistan has had other great moments in sporting history, and not just in cricket.

Agent Nationaux

International Coach
pakistan plays sports that aren't cricket?

spot fixing isn't a sport ftr
Stop trolling. I haven’t said anything against you, your team and your sporting history and I certainly haven’t brought politics into it like Joe has.

For an under development country, Pakistan has had great sporting moments in the past. I’m not trying to relive past glories but he did insult our sporting history.

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
You think Shakib hasn't achieved more than 0.5% of Imran's WC achievements in this WC?
No he hasn’t. Ask him if he would swap every single thing he did in this WC for actually winning it, and unless he’s Tendulkar level selfish, he would say yes.

Last edited:

Spark

Global Moderator
so i don't really know (or care) how this whole india/bangladesh/pakistan "your country sucks lol" slapfight in this thread started but it definitely ends here

Burgey

I can get on board with this. :laugh:
If he made two 50s and a ton in three consecutive winning finals then he’d have some chance of partnering him as opener instead of Boonie, who would do so at this point in time.

Dan

Hall of Fame Member
Yeah, to me there are two factors that result in CW being a non-vomitworthy place to talk about cricket.

One is that we've only got one TheJediBrah, instead of the thousands that infest Australian cricket comment threads. The other is that the place doesn't usually devolve into the godawful toxic India/Pakistan nationalist pissing contests that make any sane individual want to burn their eyes out.

For those who are new, don't play the (presumed) nationality of the poster. Especially when it's *****. For those aren't new, you know better.

So stop. Oh, also 8 pointers for all if you don't.

vcs

1992 was a bit of a joke WC though. Too many games affected by the rubbish rain rules.
The India-Australia game was terrible too. Three overs got taken off and only one run or something. We ended up losing by a run. I was heartbroken.

Agent Nationaux

International Coach
so i don't really know (or care) how this whole india/bangladesh/pakistan "your country sucks lol" slapfight in this thread started but it definitely ends here
Yes agree.

Shameful that politics and insulting other countries heritage was brought into this thread.

ankitj

Hall of Fame Member
No he hasn’t. Ask him if he would swap every single thing he did in this WC for actually winning it, and unless he’s Tendulkar level selfish, he would say yes.
This troll level posting also needs to end. Doesn't this fall under 'spoiling the forum atmosphere' category of infractions. If it was a newbie posting like this, he would be handed a ban.

Burgey

This troll level posting also needs to end. Doesn't this fall under 'spoiling the forum atmosphere' category of infractions. If it was a newbie posting like this, he would be handed a ban.
**** this is an unsurprisingly moronic post. It’s not trolling. It’s a different opinion. If I called you an Imbecile it would be trolling. Or if I suggested what you call cricketing analysis is in fact simplistic bull****, it would be trolling.

But placing an emphasis on actually winning the ****ing thing over performing really well individually but not making the finals isn’t trolling, it’s just a different opinion.

So just jog on

OverratedSanity

**** this is an unsurprisingly moronic post. It’s not trolling. It’s a different opinion. If I called you an Imbecile it would be trolling. Or if I suggested what you call cricketing analysis is in fact simplistic bull****, it would be trolling.

But placing an emphasis on actually winning the ****ing thing over performing really well individually but not making the finals isn’t trolling, it’s just a different opinion.

So just jog on
I think it falls under "repetitive posting" which isn't enforced enough imo

Burgey

Well tbh I think you fall under “repetitive multi” which certainly hasn’t been enforced enough.

harsh.ag

I know Burgey sucks and everything with his unnuanced views on WCs, but it's probably best to report his posts rather than ruminate on which infraction they deserve on the thread itself.

Flem274*

123/5
i think you chose a terrible burgey post to moan about tbh. he was actually right. if a genie appeared and offered the world cup on a platter for a price i can't imagine a team player not being willing to sacrifice their personal glory.

Status
Not open for further replies.