• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

6th Match - England v Pakistan

Who will win the match?

• Total voters

91Jmay

International Coach
I don't think any team wins all their games in the groups, but we need to beat at least 3 of India, New Zealand, Windies & Aus now. Not any easy proposition.

Bijed

International Regular
Well played Pakistan. Fantastic comeback after the other day and most enjoyable game of the tournament so far.

Tbh, I thought the doom and gloom about them was being overdone a bit - I know they'd lost a lot of games recently but their batting impressed me in the recent series so them taking good advantage enough of a mediocre bowling/fielding display to force a win was hardly out of the question imo

cnerd123

likes this
Yea I think a lot of people saw this coming when England chose to field first.

Why choose to chase against Pakistan in a WC game. It's foolhardy unless you're India.

mr_mister

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
The pressure release/elation of the milestones totally screwing up Root and Butlers rhythm today. Basically the cricket equivalent of premature ejaculation

cnerd123

likes this
A repeat yesterday will occur.

England win the toss and bowl.
I really don't know why we're not just batting. Smh.
I think England have given Pak a small chance here by opting the bowl first. The only way to restrict the English batting might be under the pressure of a WC Run Chase.
Okay so just 3 of us called it

The pressure release/elation of the milestones totally screwing up Root and Butlers rhythm today. Basically the cricket equivalent of premature ejaculation
Yea the Adrenaline dump after reaching a milestone or taking a big wicket is very real. It's why many of the greats have muted celebrations. They're just trying to keep focused on the job at hand.

Bijed

International Regular
Don't think batting/bowling first was really a factor in the result either today or yesterday's match tbqh. Bangladesh and Pakistan just played better that their oppoistion

Arachnodouche

International Captain
England can probably chase down anything on their day, but today's bowling effort has revealed a few chinks. And even this English side doesn't want to be regularly chasing 320+ in a World Cup environment.

BSM

U19 Cricketer
Great win for Pakistan that. The unpredictable tag must be pretty frustrating but this doesn't do much to shake it.

Not a catastrophic loss for Eng. Happy at least that we didn't self-destruct against a massive total in an actually meaningful game. Ultimately I think our fielding let us down. Roy dropping Hafeez early on and the run out, misfields, overthrows etc. The good thing is it has happened early on and its easily improvable.