• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Cricket stuff that doesn't deserve its own thread

andmark

International Captain
Which is worse: rain stop play or bad light stop play? There's always something irrationally infuriating about bad light stop play when you've seen village teams play into like 20:00.

Borges

International Regular
Which is worse: rain stop play or bad light stop play? There's always something irrationally infuriating about bad light stop play when you've seen village teams play into like 20:00.
Umpires stop play; because they trust a (possibly inaccurate) instrument more than their own eyes.
Not irrational these days, when everyone tends to trust (definitely inaccurate) DRS blindly.

SillyCowCorner1

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I love a good rain delay.

Hate the fact that batsman have to choose whether or not they want to proceed because of the light.

andmark

International Captain
Hate the fact that batsman have to choose whether or not they want to proceed because of the light.
Hasn't that been changed now so that the umpires choose whether the light's bad enough to go off? It was/is ridiculous that batsmen could judge it given it usually went down to whether a delay would would benefit their team's match situation.

SillyCowCorner1

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I apologize for being out of the loop. And test cricket is my most favorite format. How did I missed that?

I hate to give people like ***** full control of a game.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Wondered at first if it were some sort of spirit of cricket award for pushing the team out in inclement conditions so that they ensured there was a result but then realised that as an Australian he didn't do spirit of cricket.

Skibot980

Cricket Spectator
If anyone is buying from choice willow, who are amazing btw. Can you please quote my name, Samay Patel as they don’t believe I’m doing anything to promote the brand and I kinda need to rn

stephen

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Yeah it was a very well written piece.

On a different topic, why do we have the other ipl thread when this one is clearly the most appropriate place to discuss it?

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator
The Dhaka Premier League team Gazi Tank has been renamed to Legends of Rupganj

say what you like about Bangladeshi cricket (which people do here on a very regular basis), they know how to make badass club names