• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Cricket Web Premier League - sign up and general discussion

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
The new database has been done for a while, but the new match simulator the database is fed into still has quite a few things I want to improve on/fix. I'm not leaving town for the next few weeks so we should be able to get a start within a week or so, but if you guys would prefer we can start pretty much immediately using the new database (ie. the up to date player ratings) but the old sim (ie. the old program but using those ratings). Let me know what you'd prefer.

Last edited:

morgieb

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I'm happy to wait until the Sim is completely ideal, especially given it seems it's easier to sim than it is under ITC the way you were describing it. I just thought you had forgotten about this or was trolling us :p

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
I'm happy to wait until the Sim is completely ideal, especially given it seems it's easier to sim than it is under ITC the way you were describing it. I just thought you had forgotten about this or was trolling us :p
Nah the database took me a few days longer than I expected for a couple of reasons, but it was largely on track (i wanted it to be done by the time the draft was done, and it almost was). The goal was to have the simulator itself finished before I wasn't going to be home, because I could still sim when I was away but coding was pretty unrealistic, but I encountered some very annoying problems with that. I've barely been home the past couple of weeks so once I didn't get it done in time it was inevitably going to be a bit of a wait. I'm not leaving my little corner of Butt****, Nowhere until the state election now though so it should be all good for a while.

Chewie

International Vice-Captain
So I guess you'll just sim the games between the lineups we have already as there isn't a fixtures thread (unless I'm blind)?