cricket betting betway blog banner small
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 27
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: CWPL Preseason Comp and Trials

  1. #1
    Global Moderator Prince EWS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Cribbertopia
    Posts
    55,754

    CWPL Preseason Comp and Trials

    Group A
    SillyCowCorner1
    Spark
    Chewie

    Group B
    Daemon
    Athlai
    Howe_zat

    Group C
    Flem274
    morgieb
    Dan

    Group D
    Randycricfreak
    Marcuss
    GoodAreasShane

    In the preseason comp (the "CWPL Care Cup") you'll play the other two teams in your group once, then progress to the knockouts if you top your group.

    We'll have another couple of trials after that's over, one round of which I may or may not half troll with nonsense (so don't rely on more than one real game after the preseason comp to finalise your eleven )

    I've decided I won't be mean enough to injure players in trials, so you might as well go ahead and use them to try and figure out who you're going to start with rather than resting guys to keep them fit.

    I'll create a separate lineups threads with a template once I've settled on what format I want you to name lineups in over the next couple of days, but you can start thinking and discuss it now. Also ****-talk with the rest of your group about how they all suck. Hype.
    Rejecting 'analysis by checklist' and 'skill absolutism' since Dec '09
    'Stats' is not a synonym for 'Career Test Averages'


    Quote Originally Posted by Jeffrey Tucker
    Someone asked me the other day if I believe in conspiracies. Well, sure. Here's one. It is called the political system. It is nothing if not a giant conspiracy to rob, trick and subjugate the population.
    Before replying to TJB, always remember:
    Quote Originally Posted by TheJediBrah View Post
    Next week I'll probably be arguing the opposite

  2. #2
    Cricket Web: All-Time Legend morgieb's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    63*
    Posts
    20,111
    \_/.
    RIP Craig Walsh (Craig) 1985-2012
    RIP Hughesy 1988-2014. 63* for eternity.

  3. #3
    Global Moderator Prince EWS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Cribbertopia
    Posts
    55,754
    \~/.

  4. #4
    Cricket Web: All-Time Legend morgieb's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    63*
    Posts
    20,111
    Should top my group regardless, especially given Dan's there.


  5. #5
    Not Terrible Athlai's Avatar
    Duck Hunt Champion! Plops Champion!
    Tournaments Won: 2
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    #BlamePhlegm
    Posts
    41,751
    Daemon?!? Well ****.
    Quote Originally Posted by Spark View Post
    420 BLAZE IT
    [Zorax on Burgey]
    Quote Originally Posted by zorax View Post
    Wish I could articulate myself all over your face tbh
    And they say romance is dead.

  6. #6
    Global Moderator Prince EWS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Cribbertopia
    Posts
    55,754
    Quote Originally Posted by Athlai View Post
    Daemon?!? Well ****.
    >inb4 beat Daemon but lose to Howe

  7. #7
    Dan
    Dan is offline
    Global Moderator Dan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Great A'Tuin
    Posts
    14,057
    Quote Originally Posted by morgieb View Post
    Should top my group regardless, especially given Dan's there.
    My SL domestic 'keeper > your SL domestic 'keeper, ****.
    Mind the Windows, Tino!

    Quote Originally Posted by Jono View Post
    Honestly if Dan isn't the greatest living creature on Earth, he is only second behind Luggage.
    Compete with us
    Smile with us
    Fight on with us
    Dream with us

  8. #8
    Dan
    Dan is offline
    Global Moderator Dan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Great A'Tuin
    Posts
    14,057
    You know they say that all teams are created equal, but you look at me and you look at morgieb and you can see that statement is not true. See, normally if you go one on one with another team, you got a 50/50 chance of winning. But I'm a genetic freak and I'm not normal! So you got a 25%, AT BEST, at beat me. Then you add Flem274* to the mix, your chances of winning drastic go down. See the 3 way to the Care Cup finals, you got a 33 1/3 chance of winning, but I, I got a 66 and 2/3 chance of winning, because Flem274* KNOWS he can't beat me and he's not even gonna try!

    So morgieb, you take your 33 1/3 chance, minus my 25% chance and you got an 8 1/3 chance of making the Care Cup final. But then you take my 75% chance of winning, if we was to go one on one, and then add 66 2/3 per cents, I got 141 2/3 chance of making the Care Cup finals. See morgieb, the numbers don't lie, and they spell disaster for you at the Care Cup.
    Prince EWS and Athlai like this.

  9. #9
    International Captain SillyCowCorner1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Location
    On Earth
    Posts
    6,805
    Going against the people's team in the mini group.
    Symmetry is beauty, beauty is truth. Breaking symmetry means breaking truth.

  10. #10
    International Captain SillyCowCorner1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Location
    On Earth
    Posts
    6,805
    Predictions:

    GROUP A: Me
    GROUP B: Athlai
    GROUP C: Dan
    GROUP D: Marcus

  11. #11
    Not Terrible Athlai's Avatar
    Duck Hunt Champion! Plops Champion!
    Tournaments Won: 2
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    #BlamePhlegm
    Posts
    41,751
    Fawad Alam
    Tom Latham
    Kane Williamson
    Younis Khan
    Faf du Plessis
    Tim Paine (+)
    Mitchell Santner
    Mitchell Starc
    Jeetan Patel
    Morne Morkel
    Ishant Sharma


    Will try my full strength team with the long tail in the first game

  12. #12
    International Captain SillyCowCorner1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Location
    On Earth
    Posts
    6,805
    Create the lineups thread buddy

  13. #13
    Not Terrible Athlai's Avatar
    Duck Hunt Champion! Plops Champion!
    Tournaments Won: 2
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    #BlamePhlegm
    Posts
    41,751
    Yeah Cribb hurry up ffs

  14. #14
    State Vice-Captain
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Auckland
    Posts
    1,249
    Do I need a team name to name my lineup? If so, I'll probably just go with whatever Athlai called my team in one of the other threads (can't remember what he put)

  15. #15
    State Vice-Captain
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Auckland
    Posts
    1,249
    Also, first lineup likely to be:

    1. Gambhir
    2. Silva
    3. Khawaja
    4. Sohail
    5. Chase
    6. Hafeez
    7. Seifert
    8. Roach
    9. Abbas
    10. Holland
    11. Boland

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast


Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. CWPL Teams
    By Daemon in forum Season 1 Archive
    Replies: 172
    Last Post: 12-05-2011, 03:27 AM
  2. The CWPL subforum
    By Spark in forum Site Discussion
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 14-04-2011, 04:33 AM
  3. Preseason photos
    By Langeveldt in forum Cricket Chat
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 10-04-2004, 05:44 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •