• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Browsing CW on mobile

Teja.

Global Moderator
Browsing CW through safari on iOS works as long as I don’t log in but if I do and try to post, I keep getting auto-logged out with every loaded screen and have to keep relogging. Making a post/going to VMs/private subforum takes forever because of this.

The lord has left me technologically challenged so is there an obvious fix/app for this?

Bonus points if I can view likes.

Don’t @ me if this has been asked before.

cpr

International Coach
Yeah, the mobile skin isn't that great on iOS, its easier to stick to the desktop version and just zoom in to read stuff.

I do tend to find I need to log back in every time I use the site, but then its very rare I visit it on my mobile. However once I'm logged in it stays as such whilst I'm on site.

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Yeah, the mobile skin isn't that great on iOS, its easier to stick to the desktop version and just zoom in to read stuff.

I do tend to find I need to log back in every time I use the site, but then its very rare I visit it on my mobile. However once I'm logged in it stays as such whilst I'm on site.
I have that problem. Weirdly though if I go straight to a thread or subbie, i’ll be logged in. So I just go directly to CC now.

andruid

Cricketer Of The Year
Opera Mini with test wrapping and single column view activated works fairly well when using the desktop site

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
the mobile skin is horrible

So much easier just to use the PC interface on a modern smart phone

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
I always use the regular skin because the mobile skin has some features disabled, including the thread subscription list which is actually the main way I use the forum whenever I first arrive.

Spark

Global Moderator
I always use the regular skin because the mobile skin has some features disabled, including the thread subscription list which is actually the main way I use the forum whenever I first arrive.
Also disabled on the mobile skin, at least for me: editing posts without deleting them.

**** that's an irritating bug.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
There are loads of annoyances like that.

Honestly, unless you are using really outdated hardware and/or have a terrible connection speed there is basically no advantage to using the mobile skin.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Saves a bit of data
That's true tbf, but I would be interested to see just how much is saved by using the mobile skin vs the full interface.

I would be very surprised, whatever the difference is, if it was the difference between anyone going over their allowance/remaining within it each month.

Ausage

Cricketer Of The Year
FWIW I've traditionally had problems with CW on my phone on my home network only. The "Other" forum would redirect to a stripped down version of the CW homepage, and about every third page would fail to load. I'd generally just turn off my WiFi if I was planning on browsing at home.

Then last week an Android update came through. Completely solved the problem.

harsh.ag

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
A popup ad from CW today requested a file be downloaded. Try and resolve these popups, James.