• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Sri Lanka Tour of South Africa 2019

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member
Why did Faf mention the pitch was slow? You had a spinner, and their spinner took 5 yesterday.

Bolo

State Captain
That effort from faf might be the most valiant attempt at screwing up as many important things at the same time ever.

Drop catch and match
Allow overthow 1 run
Miss runout and cost match
4 runs overthrows
Strike swaps new ball on song steyn no longer facing hopeless number 11. Gets hit for 6.

So he lost the match twice, lost a good chance of winning and cost 11 runs. Quality

vcs

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Perera also scored an important 50 in the first innings. Ridiculous performance.

Also, Faf can suck it. What a whiner.
I hope he moans about the pitch being too subcontinental or something in the post match conference. I don't like the guy.

Neil Young

State Vice-Captain
He did not really whine he said what happened... I commented on it at the time. He was not upset or making excuses as to it happening. We were short runs in both innings as he said because our batting sucks.
Yeah, he wasn't whining - just stating what happened. He showed good grace, I thought.

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member
Is this a more epic choke than the 1999 semifinal ? My bets on it.
How many chances did South Africa have that they squandered though? It’s not like the 2015 WC S/F where they’re dropping catches, missing catches and mucking up easy runouts. Perera took a chance and almost everything he hit came off. Think you have to credit the batsman here.

OverratedSanity

It’s not like the 2015 WC S/F where they’re dropping catches, missing catches and mucking up easy runouts.
I dont like the lame choking talk, but all these things kinda happened haha.

Sometimes you get beaten by a guy playing the innings of his life. Perera's innings ending up on the losing side would've been tragic.

flibbertyjibber

Wow, gave up on this when the early wickets went today. Well done Perera and Sri Lanka. Up there with the Gooch effort as the best matchwinning ton in my lifetime that one.