• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

**Official** County Cricket 2018

Surprised foakes isn't selection as I thought he was thought as 3rd in line after jb and jb. His form hasn't been outstanding but still good enough to not lose his place.
Going by scorecards and my memory of looking at them I would have thought the form keep in the cc the 2nd half of this season was tattersall from Yorkshire. Him and cadmore have seemed to be holding their batting together recently
I’d have Foakes in the team. Bairstow is very lucky to be there.

wpdavid

Hall of Fame Member
Essex losing after a 410-run first innings lead would be...something
Great finish, all the same. Well done Essex and especially RTD.

I was wondering what the record was for winning a match after conceding a huge first innings lead. I remember Lancashire doing that in the mid-1980s, with Fowler making a huge score in their second innings. 410 would have been quite something though.

Biryani Pillow

U19 Vice-Captain
I'd be interested to hear your views on Ollie Pope, if you've watched much of him. I see he's just helped himself to a run-a-ball hundred against a pretty decent Essex attack. His fifth FC ton, I think, which isn't bad before his 21st birthday.

EDIT
And gone. Serves me right really.
I've seen Ollie from County Age Group stuff and in Club cricket (and some of the other youngsters).

Even early last year he did not stand out - but clearly the County saw what was there. Hopefully he 'trains on'.

Will Jacks and new signing Jamie Smith are outstanding batting talents as well - and there's a lad at Guildford name of Nathan Tilley that you might hear rather a lot about in time.

The good thing about these lads (and the likes of the Currans, Ryan Patel and Amar Virdi) is that they are also impressive as people.

SeamUp

International Coach
Just having a closer look at The Lions selections.

Liam Livingstone is a lucky boy.

336 @ 24 with no fifty this season.

When you take Hameed into account Lancashire can be really frustrated.

flibbertyjibber

Request Your Custom Title Now!
What's with the charmless references to 'Slurrey'? About as hilarious as a previous CWer's references to 'York****e' imo.
Perhaps we can discuss the county game without chippy obnoxiousness?
Called them it for years, bringing it up after so long is a bit pathetic if you ask me.

wpdavid

Hall of Fame Member
Called them it for years, bringing it up after so long is a bit pathetic if you ask me.
There's nothing like a quality response, is there. 8-)

Actually I mentioned it a couple of weeks ago, and I'm pretty sure I questioned Scaly about it when he used the term way back when, but meh. If you really can't see why people think it's a bit ignorant to describe their place of birth and upbringing in those terms, then so be it.

Last edited:

cpr

International Coach
I'm sure nobody was stopping you at the time, so it's a bit odd to raise it here. And you're maybe aware that it was indeed SP with this hilarious misnomers for Yorks and also Surrey back in the day. As you say, it's pretty crappy posting that kind of thing, which is why most of us manage not to.
Pretty sure I raised it a lot in those threads, but was told to just get over it by everyone.

SeamUp

International Coach
There's nothing like a quality response, is there. 8-)

Actually I mentioned it a couple of weeks ago, and I'm pretty sure I questioned Scaly about it when he used the term way back when, but meh. If you really can't see why people think it's a bit ignorant to describe their place of birth and upbringing in those terms, then so be it.
If you get upset so easily then maybe internet forums are not for you.
Doesn't bother me....... just makes you look stupid.
I suppose it is light hearted Banter mainly seen from footy.

People call Forest Florist and we call Derby Direby/Sheep & Leicester Bindippers

Spurs are Spuds

Leeds are Dirty Leeds

Liverpool are Liverscum

Bristol - Brizzle

Last edited:

wpdavid

Hall of Fame Member
Pretty sure I raised it a lot in those threads, but was told to just get over it by everyone.
In which case they were wrong and you were right.
tbh I don't spend enough time in the football forums to remember much, about it, but as I said earlier, it's a pity if people can't take part in these threads without displaying that kind of rudeness. Judging by some of the comments here, others disagree, but there you go. fwiw you won't have seen me telling you to get over some of the stuff being written about MU.

Last edited:

wpdavid

Hall of Fame Member
Wasn't he Durham? Given the season we've had that is then quite possible.
I don't think we've heard from Scaly since Durham had that points deduction that saw them relegated.
I always found him an interesting poster tbh. Far more articulate and intelligent than you'd think from some of his rants, but obviously he had his blind spots.