• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* India Tour of England 2018

artvandalay

State Vice-Captain
Man why can't he be convinced to reverse hia decision for a couple of years at least ? Even this present version of him is valuable, more than the other options that are his 'competition'

GotSpin

Hall of Fame Member
It's true what Nassar brought up earlier though. Root really does play quite loose after getting to 50. Cook just looks impossible to get out

OverratedSanity

Request Your Custom Title Now!
It's true what Nassar brought up earlier though. Root really does play quite loose after getting to 50. Cook just looks impossible to get out
If Root doesn't manage to get to his ton here with India going through the motions and Hanuma Vihari bowling, he may as well give up trying to overcome his conversion issues. It's there on a silver platter for him.

vcs

Well, our bowlers seem to have finally run out of gas.

Is it the natural consequence of a dead match and accumulated physical/mental fatigue of a long series, or is having Pandya essential to keeping them fresh in both innings?

OverratedSanity

Well, our bowlers seem to have finally run out of gas.

Is it the natural consequence of a dead match and accumulated physical/mental fatigue of a long series, or is having Pandya essential to keeping them fresh in both innings?
Pandya barely bowled in the previous game tbh. They've checked out and I don't even blame them.

vcs

It's also the consequence of the unusual sight of two batsmen playing well.
Yeah, but Kohli is bowling Vihari and an ineffective Jadeja over the fast bowlers. That tells me that either he's given up and is waiting for the declaration, or they have nothing left in the tank.

OverratedSanity

Personally I'd have played Pandya the entire series. He was the least of our worries afaic. He showed a bit of application down the order and produced one superb match winning spell. Far exceeded my expectations.

MW1304

Cricketer Of The Year
Absolute ****ing legend. What a man and what a way to go out.

Now keep bumping that average up and finish not out please.

vcs

India are always gracious on these occasions. Kallis also got a hundred when he retired against us. India are the best team to debut and retire against, basically.

Well done to Cook.