• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Bangladesh in the West Indies 2018

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Haha you know I actually don't mind that innings from Anamul. Really unselfish given it does absolutely nothing for his quest to cement a spot in the side, especially since it's not actually his natural game at all and was never going to result in a big score, but I wasn't expecting much from him and he's basically just turned a 270 chase into a 250 one. If they were going to pick someone to do that I would've preferred someone who could bowl, or at least someone who tees off for a living, but all the same.

Athlai

Not Terrible
Haha you know I actually don't mind that innings from Anamul. Really unselfish given it does absolutely nothing for his quest to cement a spot in the side, especially since it's not actually his natural game at all and was never going to result in a big score, but I wasn't expecting much from him and he's basically just turned a 270 chase into a 250 one. If they were going to pick someone to do that I would've preferred someone who could bowl, or at least someone who tees off for a living, but all the same.
It's straight out of the Colin Munro school of cricketing.

cnerd123

likes this
Isn't this how Anamul always plays? Usually not this rapid but he's always trying to hit boundaries. He's more in the Sehwag mould than a 'proper' batsman.

Athlai

Not Terrible
Isn't this how Anamul always plays? Usually not this rapid but he's always trying to hit boundaries. He's more in the Sehwag mould than a 'proper' batsman.
Haven't seen much of him in years, but this certainly wasn't how he played when he came onto the scene.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
He's very boundary reliant but has always looked to build an innings and make tons in 50 over cricket. He often starts pretty slowly - he only strikes at about 80 even in Bangladesh domestic 50 over stuff and it's down at 70 in ODIs.

cnerd123

likes this
He's very boundary reliant but has always looked to build an innings and make tons in 50 over cricket. He often starts pretty slowly - he only strikes at about 80 even in Bangladesh domestic 50 over stuff and it's down at 70 in ODIs.
i've always just attributed that down to him just not being good enough at what he wants to do, and not a conscious decision to be block-block-bash.

Since it's not possible to actually go back and rewatch entire innings of his, i'll probably trawl through some old text commentary and see what's up

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
i've always just attributed that down to him just not being good enough at what he wants to do, and not a conscious decision to be block-block-bash.
I'd find this much more believable if not for the fact that he actually makes runs.

GoodAreasShane

Cricketer Of The Year
Pleasantly surprised to see Gayle rolling his arm over, he is surprisingly effective for someone who always looks like they cbf with bowling.

cnerd123

likes this
But how is Gayle still able to effectively roll through overs in 2018 without suffering consequences. You'd think the accurate slow non-break style of bowling would have been figured out by now.

Migara

Cricketer Of The Year
Looks like they are waiting for the seamers. And yeah, there goes Alzarri Joseph over mid wicket.

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
There must be a reason why all the spinners in this game (and there have been plenty) other than Mosaddek have good figures