• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Bangladesh in the West Indies 2018

vcs

Request Your Custom Title Now!
That was like an old-fashioned ODI innings.. go at 4.5 an over upto 40 overs or so and then the big acceleration towards the end.

Jack1

International Debutant
Don't think he even plays FC cricket regularly. He wants to emerge as a limited overs star and a T20 mercenary.
Not every national team can pay their players well. It's a short career and they need to make the most of it. They can play for the beauty of the game, but must also play for themselves and their families too. Don't hold it against them.

Russell is out. Game over. He won't be happy with 13 off 12. And caught right on the boundary line. This is the difficulty of comparing lower and top order batters in ODIs. Russell bats low down because he is capable of clearing the boundary riders more than others. If he opened the batting as a pinch hitter he would be more dangerous and get more value for his shots (whilst having a reduced risk of being dismissed). Russell must be super pissed off holing out, as that can't happen in the power play at the start of an innings. His team left him no choice there but to go for broke. I don't like seeing such a talented player getting dismissed like that. I'd love to see West Indies use him in the power play, right now they are wasting his hitting potential. Which is scary considering his career SR is miles out in front of anyone in ODI history and a 29 average is not bad either (especially at the end of an innings).

I was hoping Nurse and Russell could do something special with Holder. But not to be. Bangladesh have done well, even if their batting strategy was highly questionable.

Last edited:

cnerd123

likes this
Looks like Tamim's century was pretty ****ing good given the conditions.

Nice to see BD get a victory here. They're so much better in the ODIs.

trundler

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Looks like Tamim's century was pretty ****ing good given the conditions.

Nice to see BD get a victory here. They're so much better in the ODIs.
Time for you to adopt BD again. Back to 'we' instead of 'they'.

cnerd123

likes this
I find it hard to say we when i'm not able to watch the games

It's like they're out there playing without me. I'm playing no role in this. Once I can watch them then I can do my part as a good supporter again.

Black_Warrior

Cricketer Of The Year
If you've batted the entire innings and still finished with a strike rate of 81, that is going to come under severe fire in today's LO cricket. That being said, given the last few months that Bangladesh have had in cricket, losing to Afghanistan and then 43 all out, these things do effect your confidence as a team and makes you more cautious and risk averse in your approach.

cnerd123

likes this
But they got enough runs? Maybe this was a 250 pitch and 280 was an exceptional effort?

I didn't see it so IDK but i'm against calling it a bad innings purely on strike rate. What were the conditions like?

GoodAreasShane

Cricketer Of The Year
The match was in Guyana, it typically tends to be pretty slow and spin friendly. Bishoo and Permaul take plenty of cheap wickets there in the WI first class competition.

Black_Warrior

Cricketer Of The Year
Even on slower tracks, you would expect a batsman who has played over 30 overs to at least manage 100 SR in today's ODI cricket. But as I said, I understand the approach given the past few months they've had.

Hope Bangladesh win this series. They really are a better ODI side than West Indies and Sri Lanka ( should have won the tournament earlier in the year)

AndyZaltzHair

Hall of Fame Member
Tamim's role has changed over the years. He's been slow for quite some time now and looks to accelerate later but yesterday he did not even try that. Left it too late. I dont know what was the game plan. Maybe they summed up the wicket as 250-260 range. But still it was slow. Also Shakib's innings. Mushy to the rescue.