• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Indian Premier League 2018

Niall

International Coach
Sunrisers have probably the best bowling attack here, only concern I don't think Kane is exactly a like for like replacement in Warner. :laugh:

S.Kennedy

International Vice-Captain
What has happened to the Gujarat Lions and Rising Pune Supergiant?
They have joined Deccan Chargers, Kochi Tuskers Kerala and Pune Warriors India in a competition for defunct IPL franchises which is played-out ''beyond the grave''.

Last edited:

S.Kennedy

Kolkata Knight Riders is a cool name - although I am not a fan of their captain Dinesh Karthik lol.
Surely knights are riders (on horse back) by default? And what are knights doing in Kolkata - I'm assuming the medieval European sort?

Unless they mean the Hasselhoff show, which would imply lots of talking cars, ''riders'' being in the plural!

Last edited:

fredfertang

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Less of this levity gentlemen - some of us are trying to understand these modern concepts and were asking a serious question

I did gather there were a couple of franchises that were banned and are now back, but that doesn't explain why the two had to go, unless they've been banned as well?

S.Kennedy

I find it strange. How could you possibly be a fan of franchises when you know they are merely an ad hoc replacement for two suspended teams? It is an odd system they have in India, teams being created from thin air and folding.

CricAddict

Cricketer Of The Year
Even without Warner, Hyderabad looks a solid team. Rashid and Bhuvi in bowling, Dhawan and Kane in batting. They look good to qualify.

Borges

International Regular
Oh! Cummins is injured is he? That's sad; hope he recovers soon.

Though I would have wallowed in a bit of schadenfreude if some of the Bravo/ABDV/Pollard types had missed their big pay day due to injuries.

weldone

Hall of Fame Member
Oh! Cummins is injured is he? That's sad; hope he recovers soon.

Though I would have wallowed in a bit of schadenfreude if some of the Bravo/ABDV/Pollard types had missed their big pay day due to injuries.
What's that type? All 3 are completely different types of players - so not sure what you're on about.