• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Nidahas Tri-Series T20I Trophy 2018

robbypark

U19 Debutant
Sri Lanka wins quite easily, much more easily than the commentators tried to make it seem. Awful awful bowling by every Indian.

randycricfreak

State Vice-Captain
Wouldn't mind seeing a full strength Sri Lanka v India U-17s, might be a good contest
Can they first learn to win without the likes of Bumrah,Bhuvi first?

India U17s LOL.

What did Sanjay say sometime back?Even a Ranji team can play better.Guess the likes of Unadkat,Chahal,Pant never made it to the Ranji level.

YorksLanka

International Debutant
Well done to SL on a good first win today. We can only play against the opposition we are presented with..
Long way to go but wins bring confidence..

Last edited:

MagicPoopShovel

U19 12th Man
Can they first learn to win without the likes of Bumrah,Bhuvi first?

India U17s LOL.

What did Sanjay say sometime back?Even a Ranji team can play better.Guess the likes of Unadkat,Chahal,Pant never made it to the Ranji level.
Good effort by SL to beat India "C". This must be one of the greatest victories in SL's recent history I'd imagine.

TheJediBrah

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Well done to SL on a good first win today. We can only play against the opposition we are presented with..
Long way to go but wins bring confidence..
This is why teams resting so many players is ****, SL are on a hiding to nothing. If they lose it's embarrassing because they lost to an A side, if they win they don't get as much credit because everyone's just like "eh it was against a reserve side anyway".

It's really not fair

randycricfreak

State Vice-Captain
Good effort by SL to beat India "C". This must be one of the greatest victories in SL's recent history I'd imagine.
So what are the India A and B lineups then? Would love to know.

Just in case if you didn't know this was SL's C team as well.

No,

Mathews
Malinga
Asela Gunaratne
Lakmal
Munaweera
Dickwella

Daemon

No,

Mathews
Malinga
Asela Gunaratne
Lakmal
Munaweera
Dickwella
What a frightening proposition, sure am glad India doesn't have to play against opposition of that calibre

sunilz

International Regular
Considering that India have won last 10 of the 11 series in which they have played against Sri Lanka (The one they didn't win was Champions trophy last year), don't u think it's about time SL won something against India.

MagicPoopShovel

U19 12th Man

No,

Mathews
Malinga
Asela Gunaratne
Lakmal
Munaweera
Dickwella
Look at that line up. Stuff of nightmares.

I saw all those All time XI threads. We can find out about the A and B sides of India when the Indian thread opens up.

TheJediBrah

Look at that line up. Stuff of nightmares.
In all seriousness I don't think there's a single player in there that would make a full strength side of any of the big teams. Mathews might have pushed for a spot when he was at his best, but would have been in and out of the side. Naming Malinga is a joke, it would be like Australia saying they aren't at full strength because Shane Watson, Mike Hussey, Shaun Tait and Dirk Nannes aren't playing.

The rest are genuine nobodies. Haven't even heard of a couple tbh.

Daemon

In all seriousness I don't think there's a single player in there that would make a full strength side of any of the big teams. Mathews might have pushed for a spot when he was at his best, but would have been in and out of the side. Naming Malinga is a joke, it would be like Australia saying they aren't at full strength because Shane Watson, Mike Hussey, Shaun Tait and Dirk Nannes aren't playing.

Dickwella would walk into both Australia's LO outfits. Far better than Carey/Nevill/Wade or whatever.

MagicPoopShovel

U19 12th Man

Mathews is an obvious choice. But I think you are selling Malinga short here. He's been a fantastic performer for SL in LOI's. He's clearly past his best now but in his pomp he'd walk into any big LOI side quite easily I think.

Dickwella is good but bit all over the place. If he becomes consistent he's a real danger man at the top of the order.

I think Asela Guneratne is a miss for SL for sure. He's played some very important knocks for them in LOI and is a genuine finisher for them.

I am not sure why Lakmal is mentioned as a big miss by randycrickfreak. He hasn't done anything of note in LOI and Munaweera is basically a no body.

Himannv

International Coach
I saw all those All time XI threads. We can find out about the A and B sides of India when the Indian thread opens up.
India have been playing Test cricket for so much longer than Sri Lanka. There's something seriously wrong with their setup if their All time XI teams don't have more depth than a country like Sri Lanka. I think they've been particularly poor at finding top fast bowlers. Guys like B Kumar are almost in their first XI despite playing only 21 games.

Himannv

International Coach
This is why teams resting so many players is ****, SL are on a hiding to nothing. If they lose it's embarrassing because they lost to an A side, if they win they don't get as much credit because everyone's just like "eh it was against a reserve side anyway".

It's really not fair
Yeah, agreed. I mean, I have no doubt that Sri Lanka will lose to a full strength Indian side, but we barely get any credit for a win against a team like this. India are strong enough to beat anyone in these formats but it just seems disrespectful to play such an understrength side against us. I don't agree with the tone randycricfreak is taking here, but I understand it.

Another aspect I don't agree with is how these so called B team players are being introduced into the game. Giving two or three of them a chance ahead of established players is fine as they get to be part of the side that is already established and geared for success. As a collectively inexperienced team, what will it do to their confidence if they lose every game here against Bangladesh and Sri Lanka? What does it do for their chances in the future and how will the media back at home treat them?

harsh.ag

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
It's all right imo. If you aren't going to give B players a chance in a random T20I series scheduled after a long season, then when are you going to do it?

YorksLanka

International Debutant

It's really not fair
agree with you and as I said before, all we can do is try to beat the team that is put in front of us and keep progressing

Himannv

International Coach
It's all right imo. If you aren't going to give B players a chance in a random T20I series scheduled after a long season, then when are you going to do it?
There were plenty of random T20I series throughout the season where one or two of them could have had a look in. Rotation works well when two or three players sit out and two or three come in. In the next random series rotate out a different 2 or 3. Ultimately you're putting out a reasonably strong team capable of winning games, while also trying out new players and strengthening your squad. India have the luxury to be able to do it without impacting series results too badly, they just don't have good management to figure it out.

randycricfreak

State Vice-Captain
Lol India have an IPL as well, but still look at those pies thrown by Unadkat and Thaakur.

They obviously need their best team, to beat SL, despite having 10 years of IPLs, better infrastructure, being mentored by quality coaches, getting to bowls at world class players.

Whereas SL have the least facilities, and don't have a prominent T20 tournament.Even if we do the names change from Colombo Commandoes,Basanahira Cricket Dundees.We still end up winning with all the fk all facilities.Here are some whingiing about a B team when 5 of their prominent players are not playing, despite having 50x times the population of Sri Lanka.