• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** India in South Africa 2017/18

StephenZA

Hall of Fame Member
Lol.... excellent innings from Kohli worth 100 on any other day/pitch. Now let's just knock this tail over, cant be chasing much more than 150.

karan316

State Vice-Captain
I have thought in the past that Faf needs to talk less about pitches and exploiting home advantage in his press conferences. SA are surely good enough to win on most pitches they get at home.
Forget home advantage, I think SA is good enough to win on any pitch that offers a little assistant to their pacers.

vcs

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Yeah, only 41 but a seriously classy knock and couldn't have done much about that dismissal. Been excellent all series. Hope people stop telling us how he can't play the moving ball because he once failed in England.

Burgey

It's going to be good to watch the duo of Bumrah and Bhuvneshwar Kumar in England. Honestly, note his age - just 24. The fact that he is made a sure spot in the test team at such an age in a country as insular and backwards in cricketing culture as India shows his potential. Bumrah has the potential to be an all-time great. Any given match, any given team, any given pitch: I cannot see him failing to exert control and take wickets.
I meant a real summer, not what passes for one in England

Burgey

Yeah, only 41 but a seriously classy knock and couldn't have done much about that dismissal. Been excellent all series. Hope people stop telling us how he can't play the moving ball because he once failed in England.
What about when he fails again there this year?

vcs

Rahane batting like Bradman lol.. he struggled to get into double figures against Sri Lanka over 6 innings in the previous series.

StephenZA

Hall of Fame Member
Faf is really falling into bad habits, here... I understand wanting you best bowlers to bowl but Ngidi has bowled 6 overs, Philander and Rabada 15/16. There is no reason for that. (And Phehlukwayo none!)

smash84

The Tiger King
India looking in a very strong position here. 150 seems a tough ask on this wicket. Anything close to 200 will be impossible to chase. Rahane doing well to take the attack to SA. Faf needs better rotation of his bowlers

StephenZA

Hall of Fame Member
Haven't seen any of the day's play so far. How's the pitch? As bad as I'm reading on twitter?
Yes.... i think it is a bit better since the ball has got a bit softer. It will be interesting with the new ball how the umpires react.

OverratedSanity

The old I'll throw the ball at the batsman since he had the nerve to hit it back at me. Hate it when fast bowlers do that.

Still need a few more here .

anaksr

U19 Debutant
"Two out of 100 [is my rating for the pitch]. It's a s**t pitch. You can interpret that. They should have called it off when Vijay got hit. This is not a cricket pitch, this is dangerous. Call it off, forget it. You can't play cricket on that. I have no idea what has gone wrong but I know it's not a good cricket pitch. The last time I saw something like this, the match was abandoned - in Jamaica 1998, and it didn't even last this long."
Michael Holding, the former West Indies fast bowler and television commentator present at the Wanderers Test