• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** India in South Africa 2017/18

anaksr

U19 Debutant
This is why he is special while playing overseas. Rahane proving his value on most difficult pitch of this series.

Sh** Kohli can put 50% of cconfidence in Bhuvi than wasting his time in Hardik and as always he'll not dissappoint him.Not every all-rounder has to be boom boom player

Tec15

First Class Debutant
:@ Eff this. This match is gone. It was gone the moment SA allowed India *at least* 50 more runs then they should have gotten in the first day with some terrible catching and thoughtless bowling and out cricket. Now they have compounded the problem with even more ****** catching and brainless bowling. Faf has now thoughtfully brought on Phehlukwayo to help India to get past 200. All this talk about how bad the pitch is and your terrible bowling and catching allows frigging India to look like world beaters. What a total and utter ****show.

The worst part of this is how we'll never hear the end of it from the Indian fans if they go on to win this.

Boy, howdy I can't wait for Dopey Dean Elgar to play a scintillating knock of 0 from 32 balls, to follow up on his brilliant catching. :sleep:

Niall

International Coach
Not sure Indian fans will be that happy with this Rahane innings, yeah he is batting well, but scoring runs overseas in difficult conditions is all well and good, but what happens if he fails against a rampaging lahiru gamage next year?:ph34r:

vcs

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Commentators talking as if India have already won, LOL. Plenty of twists to come, I'm sure.

Stapel

International Regular
Like many others, I'm not too impressed by Kohli as a captain. But surely he can't be the only one responsible for selection?

Black_Warrior

Cricketer Of The Year
Like many others, I'm not too impressed by Kohli as a captain. But surely he can't be the only one responsible for selection?
Not the squad but the Playing XI is pretty much selected by coach and captain the world over and in the Kohli-Shastri relationship, we know who wears the pants

Niall

International Coach
India's got this
I think so also. Absurd to discount South Africa as they are not a ****ing minnow, but South Africa just very sloppy this test. I like Faf, but his captaincy has been odd, Lucky not bowling on what should be a pitch that he should like is weird. This feels like an AB captaincy "special"tbh.

At least it should convince them 5 bowlers against Australia is not the way to go.

Last edited:

Stapel

International Regular
Not the squad but the Playing XI is pretty much selected by coach and captain the world over and in the Kohli-Shastri relationship, we know who wears the pants
Well, that's news to me!

I can see the wrong in forcing a player upon a captain (think Dhoni-Binny). But this seems just as bad. Especilly because, imho, Kohli hasn't proven himself as a captain.

Woodster

International Captain
:@ Eff this. This match is gone. It was gone the moment SA allowed India *at least* 50 more runs then they should have gotten in the first day with some terrible catching and thoughtless bowling and out cricket. Now they have compounded the problem with even more ****** catching and brainless bowling. Faf has now thoughtfully brought on Phehlukwayo to help India to get past 200. All this talk about how bad the pitch is and your terrible bowling and catching allows frigging India to look like world beaters. What a total and utter ****show.

The worst part of this is how we'll never hear the end of it from the Indian fans if they go on to win this.

Boy, howdy I can't wait for Dopey Dean Elgar to play a scintillating knock of 0 from 32 balls, to follow up on his brilliant catching. :sleep:
Think someone's been spoilt by SA's recent performances.

karan316

State Vice-Captain
I find this a bit wrong, all of a sudden everyone is trying to make SA look ****** rather than appreciating the batsmen for their determination and the way they have been frustrating the bowlers, they could have bundled out any team under 100 on this pitch but some how the Indian batsmen are sticking around. SA can still win this one regardless of what people say, these small totals can be tricky, but if Amla or De Villiers fire,the weak links in the Indian bowling will be quickly exposed. Shami has been off colour and we don't know how much more load can Bhuvi take in this test, he will need more support from the others.

Last edited: