• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** India in South Africa 2017/18

Himannv

International Coach
Pujara's technique against a swinging ball is overrated.
I don't think he's bad at all. That was a pretty good ball he got out to and I think he's looked the best of the Indian batsman in this game although he didn't score too many.

Niall

International Coach
Some decent resistance at times from India, but South Africa simply just much better. Vern the obvious MOTM.

Good news for India is hopefully they see sense and bring back Rahane and bin Rohit, but to counter act that South Africa will likely have a full strength bowling line up for the next two tests. India clearly no Sri Lanka, but right now to many concerns over this line up to win this series.

Black_Warrior

Cricketer Of The Year
Excellent victory. Both sides bowled well. Yes SA attack is superior but Indian attack was brilliant. AB standing up on Day 1 and getting the partnership that he did was the key in the end. Great match overall between two top sides and fantastic crowd too. This series should be riveting.

Slifer

International Captain
If i were a Rsa selector, I'd opt for an extra batsman next test , or preferably a bowling AR if one is available. Batting won't be easy vs this indian attack.

SeamUp

International Coach
Except you've had the best of the conditions in this match...
This.

I think India will have to improve greatly to have any chance on the faster and bouncier pitches on the Highveld considering SA batted at two of the toughest periods in the game (first morning and after day of rain and sweating under the covers).

That being said I think losing Steyn is a massive blow for us as the replacement options aren't of top top top class standard yet.

Vern dog :cool:

Last edited: