• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

MVP Predictions

Adders

Cricketer Of The Year
I'm tipping YJB to have a blinder.........500 runs for the series and very tidy behind the stumps. Jimmy Anderson to take 25+ wickets at less than 30.

Don't really give a **** about the other mob but I guess it will be alright for the Aussies to post in here too.

Gnske

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Ben Stokes, the time is right and this is his stage. Nothing can take this away from him.

Gnske

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I actually think he can play the whole series, he's proven rather hardy since he's come back. Just depends if he stays fit enough to say the 4th or 5th test and whether the selectors end up deciding that 4 or 5 in a row is just pushing it for a fast bowler in 2017 and rest him.

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Having exclusively predicted Johnson winning the Compton-Miller Medal in 2013-14, this time around I'm tipping Warner to go on a run scoring rampage and narrowly win it ahead of TPC. England's best to be Ali in that kind of "Ashwin can bat, you know" kind of piteous hat-tip you give someone when their side is getting a drubbing.

Adders

Cricketer Of The Year
Whos gonna take all the wickets for Aus. A lot of people predicting 5 zip again, which whilst i dont think that will happen it's certainly not out of the question.

If it does end up a whitewash then 1 of your bowlers will have a career defining series like Clark and Johnson did........whos most likely to do it? Fitness will be key for Starc or Cummings but either of those and Haze have tge ceiling to do it I guess.

Burgey

I can't see it being 5-0. Australia's batting is still prone to collapsing, home and away. I don't know which bowler would have a series like that either tbh. Can see it being more a shared around type thing for Australia. Haze will be the most consistent (no surprises suppose), Cummins is a weapon and will threaten a lot while I see Starc as that bloke who bowls a couple of awesome spells in between a bit of dross. Lyon won't let anyone down either and will probably be Australia's third leading wicket taker.

morgieb

I can't see it being 5-0. Australia's batting is still prone to collapsing, home and away. I don't know which bowler would have a series like that either tbh. Can see it being more a shared around type thing for Australia. Haze will be the most consistent (no surprises suppose), Cummins is a weapon and will threaten a lot while I see Starc as that bloke who bowls a couple of awesome spells in between a bit of dross. Lyon won't let anyone down either and will probably be Australia's third leading wicket taker.
Apart from South Africa we haven't had a proper collapse at home in many years.

Burgey

Apart from SA we haven’t really faced bowling of the quality of Anderson and Broad with this line up either.

Burgey

Sorry mate, this is an Ashes subforum. Only Australian and English supporters are allowed to post in here.

Lillian Thomson

Hall of Fame Member
Moeen Ali seems to just keep on getting better and better as a batsman. Given the lack of quality in the England batting options I think he might just end up in the upper order and one of England's top run scorers. Shame he's not much of a bowler but never mind.

Burgey

I’d be a bit worried about him batting top order out here if I were an England fan tbh. Perfect in his current role but a lot of pressure if he were to move higher. Mind you, good player and seems to always be improving.

Lillian Thomson

Hall of Fame Member
I’d be a bit worried about him batting top order out here if I were an England fan tbh. Perfect in his current role but a lot of pressure if he were to move higher. Mind you, good player and seems to always be improving.
I don't disagree with that but I think it's something that might be forced upon us due to the lack of quality in the top 6, especially if Stokes isn't there. I think he would cope if needs must.