• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Bangladesh Tour of South Africa 2017

SeamUp

International Coach
It's been far too easy. I don't think this attack will extract the bounce the Saffers will get & I think that will be their plans with Kesh toiling away.

AndyZaltzHair

Hall of Fame Member
Its more painful than I thought. We need to get rid of :

a) Mushfiq as captain
b) Walsh
c) Shafiul ( he goes automatically with Walsh)

Starfighter

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
So when's another wicket going to fall? And what's the least wickets taken upon putting the opposition in? Madness...

StephenZA

Hall of Fame Member
So when's another wicket going to fall? And what's the least wickets taken upon putting the opposition in? Madness...
And the one wicket is a run out.... perfect time for Amla and Elgar to pad their stats. Amla did not have a good record against Bangladesh.

Dan

Hall of Fame Member
South Africa's batting too slowly here. With rain around, I worry they're under-estimating the Bangladeshi batting line-up on the strength (or complete lack thereof) of their pace attack.

Get de Kock in. Get a move on. Make runs or declare ffs. Droppable offence if Elgar crawls to his double imo.

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
Poor Mehedi is bowling a helluva lot of overs already this Test.

Bavuma at 4 can work but not when the team is 400 for 2 and Elgar is the other bat.

SeamUp

International Coach
Yeah this isn't ideal. Quinny should have been sent in and they clearly trying to get confidence in Bavuma. Not many opportunities with 2 tests v BGD and 1 v Zim.

Starfighter

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
It had to be Shafiul who got the breakthrough, hadn't it? Taskin's bowling average reaching Bradmanesque levels here.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Unpopular opinion but Shafiul has been much better than Taskin here IMO.

I don't really hate him in general either, tbh. He's obviously not Test standard but they've picked bowlers much worse in their history, and even recently (remember when Kamrul was a thing?)

Taijul would've been a better pick but I don't think they actually have any better seamers (unless Hider is as good as AZH thinks ;) ).

SeamUp

International Coach
Haha no ways.

Like Markram think it is ok. Makes them want to do the milestone next time. He started to look a bit tired in the last while.

Last edited:

Black_Warrior

Cricketer Of The Year
Its more painful than I thought. We need to get rid of :

a) Mushfiq as captain
b) Walsh
c) Shafiul ( he goes automatically with Walsh)
Agreed Walsh does not have the best credentials as a coach but not sure if this is entirely due to him? Not like BD boasted decent seam bowlers before Walsh.

Unpopular opinion but Shafiul has been much better than Taskin here IMO.

Nothing unpopular there, Shaiful the better test bowler. It's not saying a lot but yeah..