• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Australia in Bangladesh 2017

NotMcKenzie

International Debutant
Rain; water; rainwater
Cricinfo said:
Over the last few months, contaminated water from adjoining factories has leaked into the ground and its surrounding premises. Seasonal rainfall has compounded the problem, with large parts of the ground and its surrounding premises waterlogged.
266888.jpg

TheJediBrah

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Every tour people complain about lack of warm up matches. That's just the way it is these days. Sure, having your only warm up game washed out isn't ideal but how much difference would it have really made anyway?

Look at the Aus 2016 tour of Sri Lanka, they had a 3 day warm up match on a green seamer against a side that played 1 spinner as preparation for a tour of dustbowls where all they faced was spin. That certainly didn't help did it.

Burgey

I was wondering why there wasn't a warm up match when one had been scheduled, not having a go at the amount of warm up matches/ the venues. I couldn't give a ****. If Australia can't beat Bangladesh without one three day warm up game it's their own fault.

TheJediBrah

That sort of cynical fixing of warm up matches is also something that needs to stop.
It's not that common really

And teams can make their own warm ups if they really want, like Aus did pre-India by going to Dubai. I guess you can't rely on the generosity of your hosts anymore.

Spark

Global Moderator
It's not that common really

And teams can make their own warm ups if they really want, like Aus did pre-India by going to Dubai. I guess you can't rely on the generosity of your hosts anymore.
I don't think any tour really has proper warm-ups any more save for the Ashes (both ways). Remember the debacle that was NZ's preparation for their last tour to Aus?

TheJediBrah

I don't think any tour really has proper warm-ups any more save for the Ashes (both ways). Remember the debacle that was NZ's preparation for their last tour to Aus?
I remember it getting complained about a lot. Then Aus didn't have a single tour match when they went to NZ and no one seemed to care.

Anyway NZ and Aus isn't that much of a difference though really is it? At least compared with Asia and the rest of the world. I mean Perth and Sydney are further apart geographically than Sydney and NZ.

Spark

Global Moderator
I remember it getting complained about a lot. Then Aus didn't have a single tour match when they went to NZ and no one seemed to care.

Anyway NZ and Aus isn't that much of a difference though really is it? At least compared with Asia and the rest of the world. I mean Perth and Sydney are further apart geographically than Sydney and NZ.
That's true. But the general point stands, the 3 proper FC games preparation you get for the Ashes is a distinct anomaly.