• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Is MS Dhoni an ATG OdI batsmen?

srbhkshk

International Captain

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
I was responding to him, can you read?

And it has been pointed out a million times to you that the original discussion on Ganguly's comments have nothing to do with his international T20 record but T20 record overall. You just brought it in out of no reason and responded to like one post from harsh. Can you read the original link with Ganguly's comments?

srbhkshk

International Captain
And it has been pointed out a million times to you that the original discussion on Ganguly's comments have nothing to do with his international T20 record but T20 record overall. You just brought it in out of no reason and responded to like one post from harsh. Can you read the original link with Ganguly's comments?
So, is it a binding rule that you can not respond to anything other than the OP?

Does it not reflect poorly on Dhoni that he is not a good international T20 player?

Is it not relevant?

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
MSD is not great at Intl T20s but I think overall as a T20 player, he is very good. And if I am not wrong, Ganguly actually said MSD Is not a "good" T20 player. Not great does not mean he is not good, AFAIC.
Nope, people being too harsh on Ganguly here, MSD has 0 MoMs in T20s after having played 60 games, and while he has played some OK to good innings , I don't recall him ever making a huge difference in the match.
Why is the discussion now about international T20s? We are talking abt all T20s here.
No one's ever claimed Sachin to be a great T20 player, he was good (and at times average) but that's it, "making more difference than Sachin" in T20s is a fairly useless criterion. Dhoni's strike rate is fairly poor for someone who comes in at 6, his need to see of a few balls at the start, which doesn't hamper anyone in ODIs really drags him down in T20s, it is a fact and is there for everyone to see.

So now the question really is, can Srkwhateverhisnameis read? :p Just out of curiosity, You thought we were talking about T20Is here?

Last edited:

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
So, is it a binding rule that you can not respond to anything other than the OP?

Does it not reflect poorly on Dhoni that he is not a good international T20 player?

Is it not relevant?

Not at all, given that T20Is take place so few and far between and with little context, except WT20s. T20 leagues are a much better indicator of what a player can do in T20 games overall. But of course, by your wonderfully "unbiased" reasoning, Sachin is a good T20 player and MSD is "just about good".. So carry on.. :laugh:

srbhkshk

International Captain
So nwo the question really is, can Srkwhateverhisnameis read? :p Just out of curiosity, You thought we were talking about T20Is here?
I have already explained to you, that I posted in reference to the chip on shoulder comment. To support my assertion I pointed out that Dhoni is not a good international T20 player, exactly what is wrong with that?

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
I have already explained to you, that I posted in reference to the chip on shoulder comment. To support my assertion I pointed out that Dhoni is not a good international T20 player, exactly what is wrong with that?

Just that it was not what was being discussed and was not the point Ganguly had originally made and has zero ****ing relevance to any of the discussion about it in this thread.

srbhkshk

International Captain
He strikes at about 130 and averages 50 in T20Is when chasing. In successful chases, he averages 63 odd and strikes at 145. Wtf are you on about?
He strikes at 128 , not 130.

Everyone strikes better when the team wins the match, that's a useless criterion.

1. His performance when India lost while chasing, check that maybe?
2. His performance when India was batting first, check that maybe?

Or maybe just hand pick the matches where he played good and ask me about "wtf am i on about"

srbhkshk

International Captain
Just that it was not what was being discussed and was not the point Ganguly had originally made and has zero ****ing relevance to any of the discussion about it in this thread.
International T20s have zero ****ing relevance to Dhoni being or not being a good player in T20s? okay.

Shri

Mr. Glass
He strikes at 128 , not 130.
:laugh:

Everyone strikes better when the team wins the match, that's a useless criterion.
No

1. His performance when India lost while chasing, check that maybe?
Cbf

2. His performance when India was batting first, check that maybe?
Nah

Or maybe just hand pick the matches where he played good and ask me about "wtf am i on about"
Ok. Wtf are you on about?

srbhkshk

International Captain
How ****ing dumb is this post? Of course he can't score quickly when wickets fall all around him in a chase.
Ok, and wtf was that logic when wickets were not falling around him?

How the **** are three other players below him striking at 140+ in those matches?

srbhkshk

International Captain
Just one post before, you claimed that me claiming everyone did better when there team won, "was wrong."

Then you claim he does worse in matches India lost , because wickets were falling around him.

Guess what? That's the primary ****ing reason people do worse when their teams are losing the match. Which one of your posts should I believe?