• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Australia in India 2017

Compton

International Debutant
Why would you move Renshaw to 3 rather than just playing Khawaja?

Khawaja is ****ing dynamite in Australian conditions.

Cook
Warner
Khawaja
Smith
Root
Stokes
Bairstow
Starc
Cummins
Lyon
Haze

Something like that. I know Root's record isn't the best in Australia, but that's a different Joe Root to the one that will be travelling at the end of the year. Not happy with Root at 5 and Bairstow outside the top 6, but when you combine sides you end up with things like that.

Shri

Mr. Glass
Rahul, Vijay, Ashwin are set to miss the IPL and Kohli will miss a part of it. I think if they are all fully fit, we can challenge teams away from home. We have a chance to win at SA if Abdv and Steyn don't play.

Tom Flint

International Regular
Yeah i was torn between khawaja and renshaw and broad and cummins. But difficult to see past broads record all around the world. Probably our strike bowler ahead of jimmy outside britain.
Renshaw has had a great start be odd to leave him out

Spark

Global Moderator
I know it's in Aus, and I know Cummins is amazing, but you pick Broad. For a series between England and Australia he's close to the first name on the teamsheet.

Tangles

International Vice-Captain
Can we all take a moment's silence to reflect on how much better this series was because the on-duty selectors picked Maxwell over Stoinis and O'Keefe over Swepson.
Mark Waugh playing a role he's been dropped from going forward.

centurymaker

Cricketer Of The Year
Rahul, Vijay, Ashwin are set to miss the IPL and Kohli will miss a part of it. I think if they are all fully fit, we can challenge teams away from home. We have a chance to win at SA if Abdv and Steyn don't play.
Makes India's series win even more special that some of the crucial Indian players were playing at like 70-80% fitness and are not even fit enough to play the shorter format (ipl).

Vijay
Rahul
Ashwin
Kohli

Shami? (He may have recovered by now tho)

indiaholic

International Captain
He basically turned the series in second test, people look at the Rahane - Pujara parternership, but he was immense in that match too. Probably would have been a 3-1 India win had he played a longer innings in the third test since he scores much quicker than Pujara.
There is a trafeoff. He would have been out before making a big score.

Hennybogan

U19 12th Man
I think SA will be a tough nut to crack, they have much better fast bowlers and a solid middle order. You can bet they haven't forgotten the decks they got served up in India last visit. There will nothing in it for the spinners that you can be sure of. I don't buy the injury sob story, plenty of Aussies were carrying injuries as well.

Shri

Mr. Glass
I think SA will be a tough nut to crack, they have much better fast bowlers and a solid middle order. You can bet they haven't forgotten the decks they got served up in India last visit. There will nothing in it for the spinners that you can be sure of. I don't buy the injury sob story, plenty of Aussies were carrying injuries as well.
Lol, it isn't a story when they are dropping like flies, giving up on the biggest payday of the year.

srbhkshk

International Captain
Lol, it isn't a story when they are dropping like flies, giving up on the biggest payday of the year.
Yep, it seems like more than half of the team is gonna skip either part or full IPL. That won't happen without them carrying potentially serious injuries. It's expected anyway, they have had a very long session with lots of cricket.

Hennybogan

U19 12th Man
The sob story is with regard to the post above 70-80% fitness, many of the Aussie players were not at 100% either is all I'm saying. Just can't see the Saffas dishing up decks suiting Indian spinners, I think they'll back their fast guys and I think they'll win quite easy. Just my opinion