• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Australia in India 2017

srbhkshk

International Captain
No **** Smith had a brain fade and looked up --> irrelevant. That's not what's being discussed.
No it is not irrelevant because of two things -
1. The fact that Umpires and the Indian team have a problem with it and that Smith apologized for it means that unlike what you think - It can be done if one chooses to.
2. If he has done it once, he has clearly cheated at least once, who is there to say that his supposed "brain fade" is not a one time thing, what if it's infectious?

The claim was that it was happening frequently which is plainly and obviously not the case if you watch any of the replays of the players when deciding to review.
I don't have the full replays with every single angle, in fact the broadcasters probably don't either. But with your level of certainty it seems to me that you do have every single replay of every Australian appeal / DRS taken / not taken, please be kind enough to upload those videos somewhere, please ensure that you have footage of every single player if Australia are bowling and both the batsmen if they are batting.

How is this even being debated? it boggles the mind. "moron" is putting it lightly if anyone actually thinks there's any truth at all to anything Kohli said on the subject.
If that's what you really think, why are you debating -
1. On a worthless topic?
2. With a moron?

Surely you have better things to do?

BTW, you are yet to explain what happened to Australia's Experience in judicious use of reviews in the last two tests.

Last edited:

srbhkshk

International Captain
Virat batted in total for about seven minutes. He said it happened twice when he was batting. His wasn't a Hanif Mohammad effort - it's easy to check the footage. There wasn't even a shout, let alone consideration of a referral.

It didn't happen.
Kohli's statement was generic - it need not specifically mean when he was batting - could just as well be when "we" were batting. How do you explain the drastic reversal in Australia's DRS success percentage after the incident - luck?
In fact it makes much more sense too.

Teja.

Global Moderator
What annoys me is that he's the captain of a side which just won an ATG hard fought series. It would require no effort on his part to shut up, be gracious and let the team/fans bask in the moment today. Literally the social equivalent of 450/2 downhill skiing 'boys played well' interview would have been fine.

But obviously Captain Dingus has to tell us what he really thinks today. In PR terms, Dhoni to Kohli is Obama to Trump.

vitalogy83

U19 Debutant
I found the Kohli interview re: "I am no longer buddies with the Aussies" to be quite funny tbh. It's like he's itching to get the upper hand with the bat or with words. I admire Kohli as a batsman but he needs to rein himself in a tad in these pressers. This is just going to cause unnecessary tension between the two squads and maybe not everyone in the Indian side feels like it. He's clearly taken all of this very personally from what I can tell. It is quite obvious that the Aussies would target him since he is the big cheese after all. India has won a hard fought series and had a tremendous home season. Why not just reflect on that. Instead he's focused on these little squabbles. I don't want to hyperbole but he is representing India and this is not a good look for him or his side..

Also what's that stuff he's saying about writing blogs and hiding behind mics ? Is the articles regarding his claims Smith and Aus cheated re: DRS, and calling Kohli out for making statements with no proof?

Last edited:

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Five gets you ten that by the end of the next series he plays Kohli is talking about himself in the third person.

S.Kennedy

International Vice-Captain
Finally saw the highlights. I laughed at that mention of England at the end by Kohli where he basically said, unlike that series Australia put up a real fight haha. Well played both teams. Best test series in ages. Pity the two captains and some of the other players behaved like complete wankers and slightly tarnished the whole thing.

Gnske

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Finally saw the highlights. I laughed at that mention of England at the end by Kohli where he basically said, unlike that series Australia put up a real fight haha. Well played both teams. Best test series in ages. Pity the two captains and some of the other players behaved like complete wankers and slightly tarnished the whole thing.
Hey, I know the Indian team behaved badly and disrespectfully but Rahane was very much the gentleman throughout.

TheJediBrah

No it is not irrelevant because of two 1. The fact that Umpires and the Indian team have a problem with it and that Smith apologized for it means that unlike what you think - It can be done if one chooses to.
2. If he has done it once, he has clearly cheated at least once, who is there to say that his supposed "brain fade" is not a one time thing, what if it's infectious?

Do you have any idea what happened? It was clearly not done. No one was up there telling Smith what to do. He apologized for it because it was stupid, not because his teams been doing it the whole match.

Why tf do I need to explain this

If that's what you really think, why are you debating -
1. On a worthless topic?
2. With a moron?

Surely you have better things to do?
I ask myself that regularly

tbf didn't intend to call you a moron, I wasn't aware that you actually seriously believed what you were saying. I thought you were just playing devil's advocate or something

social

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
As to the BCCI video and mock outrage by some (not on here), most of you guys will be too young to remember when Kerry Packer introduced stump mics and player interviews after dismissal

The stump mics had to be turned off after Lillee called the West Indians every name under the sun after they laughed when he was hit in a sensitive region whilst the player interviews were discontinued after Roy Fredericks told the interviewer to ask "that ****ing **** Sang Hue" (the umpire) how he was out

Today's stuff is tame in comparison

TheJediBrah

As to the BCCI video and mock outrage by some (not on here), most of you guys will be too young to remember when Kerry Packer introduced stump mics and player interviews after dismissal

The stump mics had to be turned off after Lillee called the West Indians every name under the sun after they laughed when he was hit in a sensitive region whilst the player interviews were discontinued after Roy Fredericks told the interviewer to ask "that ****ing **** Sang Hue" (the umpire) how he was out

Today's stuff is tame in comparison
That's the world we live in now isn't it. Everyone is a precious little snowflake and you can't say anything that might offend someone, somewhere.

Anil

Hall of Fame Member
Five gets you ten that by the end of the next series he plays Kohli is talking about himself in the third person.
his first name means supreme being or something...so him talking about himself in the 3rd person sounds completely appropriate, suprising that it is not happening now...

S.Kennedy

International Vice-Captain
Kohli is a wanker but this Australian team even beat the Warne era in arsehole stakes: Warner, snake head Smith, Starc who is a complete ****.

Warner used to play Twenty20 for Durham way back in 2009. I'd almost forgotten myself to be honest!