• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** South Africa in New Zealand 2017

SeamUp

International Coach
I think Maharaj only knows one way & maybe it works. Just got to hope it comes off for about 30/40 mins because runs also important.

Flem274*

123/5
if SA get a lead quickly enough then the NZ lollapse is on tbh. NZ are so top 3 heavy with only watling being proven below #3

NZTailender

I can't believe I ate the whole thing
Where is Bavuma's average at now ?
Gone up since the series started.

Scored more runs than Amla and Duminy, two fifties and averaging 37 in a country where the mean average for touring players is 36. Average tour, but not abysmal.

SeamUp

International Coach
Gone up since the series started.

Scored more runs than Amla and Duminy, two fifties and averaging 37 in a country where the mean average for touring players is 36. Average tour, but not abysmal.
Yeah I know. Elgar, Bavuma, Faf, Qdk have performed at times.

But it is exactly the reason he averages where he does. Lots of failures and not making starts count.

Last edited:

NZTailender

I can't believe I ate the whole thing
Yeah I know. Elgar, Bavuma, Faf, Qdk have performed at times.

But it is exactly the reason he averages where he does. Lots of failures and not making starts count.
Most of the SA batsmen have been guilty of that this tour tbf.

hendrix

Hall of Fame Member
Jeetsy Jeetsy Jeetsy Jeets baby.

Almost worth Craig Cumming calling him Jeet Patel. Jeets or Jeetan mate.

Same here.

Too hard. normal food tastes better and is cheaper.
Won't argue on taste but I've no idea where the notion that vegan food is expensive came from. It's usually significantly cheaper than food with expensive components like...meat.

Bahnz

Hall of Fame Member
Forecast for tomorrow is now looking ****ing dire. Please be wrong again. Please, please, please...

Moss

International Vice-Captain
Was not too sure if NZ should be picking two spinners, but they've done the job so far in this innings and have some favourable conditions to work with tomorrow. Hoping it isn't a repeat of Auckland '13 (or Adelaide '12 if you're South African), remembering how Bruce Martin was unable to make an impact on day 5 then.

veganbob

U19 Captain
Its bucketing down in auckland. Doubt hamilton is any better. Please rain, dont rob us of a chance of a very rare test win vs sa.

If we did manage it, it would probably be the best test win since we last beat sa in 2004? Although the srilanka away and eng and oz away were good wins too.

SteveNZ

Cricketer Of The Year
Am I the only one who's not really feeling disappointed if the rain stays? I mean, Test match victories are the ultimate and obviously the players won't share my sentiment...but a draw won't wash away the feeling of pride in what we've achieved this week. The blueprint of openers batting time to allow Kane to do his world class stuff, some good seam bowling and catching, doing it all without 3 of our best 4-5 players and beating what I believe is nigh on the best side in the world. Just loved the effort, rain won't dampen that for me. They deserve the W so still hoping for miracles.

WTF is it with 5th day washouts and SA, incidentally...Dunedin 2012 and '17, and this.

jcas0167

International Debutant
Am I the only one who's not really feeling disappointed if the rain stays? I mean, Test match victories are the ultimate and obviously the players won't share my sentiment...but a draw won't wash away the feeling of pride in what we've achieved this week. The blueprint of openers batting time to allow Kane to do his world class stuff, some good seam bowling and catching, doing it all without 3 of our best 4-5 players and beating what I believe is nigh on the best side in the world. Just loved the effort, rain won't dampen that for me. They deserve the W so still hoping for miracles.

WTF is it with 5th day washouts and SA, incidentally...Dunedin 2012 and '17, and this.
Yes, it reminds me a bit of Rocky Balboa getting the moral victory at the end over Apollo Creed. Will lose the series, but finished strongly and just ran out of time.

Agree, the turnaround from the Basin has been impressive and they should take a lot of pride in that.