• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Hong Kong T20 Blitz 2018

vcs

Request Your Custom Title Now!
The chaps in yellow have two ex-Durham Scots, MacLeod and Coetzer.
You're a masochist, aren't you. :)

Disliking all T20 franchise cricket, and then still going and watching the ****ing Hong Kong T20 Blitz.

Daemon

It does feel less dirty watching this compared to the IPL tbf. Much less cringe involved too.

cnerd123

likes this
What an amazing day

Great cricket. Fun first game and then a second game that looked thrilling and close fought until Pooran and Coetzer fell in quick succession. Still had its moments.

There was quite a bit of crazyness too. The crowd was packed and loud and it was an awesome atmosphere, everyone stormed the ground at the end of the final over (much to Tim Cutler's annoyance), and -this is insider news- the police were even called at one point

Awesome fun day. Loved it. Had a few beers after. Lots of hard work. Good fun. Great tournament. The highlight for me, however, was finally getting Peter Miller at the end of it! Not just that, but I also got his email ID and he said he's happy to come on the CricketWeb podcast sometime :)

#hype

cnerd123

likes this
Thanks to everyone who supported and followed this btw. Hope you all had a great time. I sure did.

Hopefully next year's edition will be just as good, if not better. And if you haven't had your fill of HK Cricket and me spamming about it, the Sixes will be around sometime in October, so I'll catch you all then :)

S.Kennedy

International Vice-Captain
There is an article on this in today's The Cricket Paper. It says the ICC shafted you, not regarding the competition's statistics as 'official'. It said the competition is a triumph of organisation, made more impressive by the fact that it is an associate and there are only three grounds in Hong Kong! The organisers deliberately kept it short to maintain interest, so it doesn't drag on (like the IPL - my opinion). They are looking for television broadcasters next year apparently.

PS

Oh yes, including associate players like Kyle Coetzer was inspired, and seven million watched the streams/clips, six million more than predicted.

Last edited:

Scaly piscine

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I had a look through the scorecards whilst it was still going on. Whilst there were not many star/household names, there were plenty of players of a good standard, so more depth in quality than last year.

It will be interesting to see how it develops next year because there's massive potential to take the tournament a quantum leap forward. Hopefully it will be recognised by the ICC, one or two big Indian names take part and Hong Kong cricket rakes in some serious money from it.

Last edited:

vcs

So this is different from the other Hong Kong thing that happened recently.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Yeah I know, I watched some of it. Lynn is still something else though as all those guys were well past their prime and largely finished with international cricket. I'm sure we have some CW members who'd be picking Lynn in their T20 World XI and he'd certainly be in Australia's team. It's a big deal on a new scale.

Daemon

Not gonna lie, quite impressed by the Lynn signing. Not a retiree, meh t20 merchant or associate player. Legitimately one of the best T20 players going around.

Has he stopped playing FC cricket or is he injured right now? I see he's part of the IPL, BBL, PSL, CPL, SLPL and now HK Blitz.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
He declined the Queensland contract he was offered to focus on T20. He said he'd like to return to FC cricket one day but yeah he's pretty much given up on it for now.