• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Australia in India 2017

adub

International Captain
tbh we can't just invent a new TPC every time someone does something great
It's not about just doing something great.

The People's Champion started out as a maligned figure. Overlooked, laughed at, to unorthodox to be great. But The People's Champion defies the knockers and the wankers. The People's Champion's greatness is innate. They have the inner strength to achieve what all the pampered pretty boys never will. It is by sticking it right up the experts over and over again until they've jammed their expert opinions right down their stupid throats that they become The People's Champion!

So why should their only be one?

Three Musketeers
Three Amigos
Three Stooges
Three Little Pigs
Three Blind Mice

you know it makes sense.

Spikey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Like, we just go thrashed but I smile every time I see the scorecard and remember all of Warne's comments

All Steve Smith has humiliated is Blocky
hang on that's cause TPC made everyone eat **** like 4 years ago

Burgey

Like, we just go thrashed but I smile every time I see the scorecard and remember all of Warne's comments

All Steve Smith has humiliated is Blocky
He's pretty much humiliated everyone he's batted against for the last three years too.

Burgey

It's not about just doing something great.

The People's Champion started out as a maligned figure. Overlooked, laughed at, to unorthodox to be great. But The People's Champion defies the knockers and the wankers. The People's Champion's greatness is innate. They have the inner strength to achieve what all the pampered pretty boys never will. It is by sticking it right up the experts over and over again until they've jammed their expert opinions right down their stupid throats that they become The People's Champion!

So why should their only be one?

Three Musketeers
Three Amigos
Three Stooges
Three Little Pigs
Three Blind Mice

you know it makes sense.
You're traducing SOK, Smitteh and Herath's greatness by making them share the moniker. In seeking to elevate the other two you're diminishing all three. Sad!

Well that was quite the hammering Australia dished out there. A brutal display of no-lube bowling. Not a pleasant experience at all for India but hard to feel sorry for them.

social

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Whilst Block's tasting would be serious, IIRC it pales into relative insignificance when compared to Benchy's.

Pretty sure that he encountered a perfect storm after months of obnoxious posting and promptly spat the dummy and left the forum

Good times

Adders

Cricketer Of The Year
SOK deserves the TPC moniker more than Smith does tbh. Can't remember any time fans from both teams were so unanimously overjoyed at the success of any one player in a match.
But really, are we happy for SOK's success or is it for Warnes failure?

Shri

Mr. Glass
But when he pitches it outside leg, his straight one is less effective as it will be heading down leg side, and the ball is more likely to be pitching outside leg so the LBW is out of question.

Being fuller, while maybe leaking more runs, would allow the LBW to stay in play and less time for the batsman to react to how the ball behaves, and catch the edge off the big turning deliveries.
I don't mean bowling at the middle stump or middle and leg. Bowling at the off stump or middle and off would have been fine. This was a terrible pitch to bowl the 4th stump line and that is what he kept doing mostly.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Shri and Vic, dont you think its just a price we paid coz we have played on good tracks almost all season and for the first time, we got a turner when we were not prepared but the Aussies had been preparing for exactly this since Dubai and mentally, they have been making plans for such pitches ever since the Sri Lanka humiliation. By the third test there, it was obvious they were getting better at playing on such tracks and I guess we did not prepare. So the question needs to be asked, was the pitch asked for by the team management or just that the curator group assumed this will help India and it just ended up exploding on our faces.

Burgey

I dunno, Australia just played better on a track which was doing something for once. I expected Starc and Haze to do a decent job, but the fact both spinners bowled as well as they did was the big surprise to me. Not so much the way they turned it but where they landed it and the pace they landed it at.

cnerd123

likes this
I really don't think India lost because some grand plan of theirs backfired or because Australia were completely prepared for it

They just lost by playing bad cricket, and by Australia playing very good cricket. India bowled badly in patches, played dumb shots, dropped catches, and Australia were the opposite

Don't need to read too much into it IMO

Spark

Global Moderator
I don't mean bowling at the middle stump or middle and leg. Bowling at the off stump or middle and off would have been fine. This was a terrible pitch to bowl the 4th stump line and that is what he kept doing mostly.
Lyon actually bowled wider than Ashwin.