• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Australia in India 2017

cnerd123

likes this
if both teams keep playing this way Australia will sweep the series. But that's a big 'if'. All it takes is for India to bounce back strong, the Aussie batsmen to have a panicked session or two, and maybe even an injury to one of the Aussie bowlers and the series could very easily go away from them.

Shri

Mr. Glass
if both teams keep playing this way Australia will sweep the series. But that's a big 'if'. All it takes is for India to bounce back strong, the Aussie batsmen to have a panicked session or two, and maybe even an injury to one of the Aussie bowlers and the series could very easily go away from them.
If SoK is the McGrath of spin bowlers, will he step on a ball in training too?

Malleeboy

U19 12th Man
India failed to put any real workload on Starc and Hazelwood in this test.
Bird bowled well in the warm up game and Pattinson is back and playing shield.

SOK
Starc
Pattinson
Hazelwood

Would make a great bowling combo and a strong tail, almost makes up for having no batsman at 6 and 7 but Bird's FC numbers are outstanding.

Australia have no shortage of bowling available especially if we keep getting spinning pitches and play 2 spinners in several tests, taking the workload of the fast men.

Last edited:

Victor Ian

International Coach
We could use SSS - suck **** shane!

But seriously, when he is already known as SOK, what a dumb thing to do . You only need to rebrand when you have been involved in a scandal.

TheJediBrah

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Brilliant from the Aussies, starting with Starc's contribution at no 8 which I think instilled confidence into the entire team for their bowling innings. Love the thug look he rocks in the SC with that buzz cut.

Harsha Bhogle came out on Cricbuzz and said he thinks India are still favourites to win the series. Opinions? Depends on the Bangalore pitch imo.
India are still massive favourites

TheJediBrah

tbf I'm not calling SOK TPC. TPC is THE TPC.

SOK and His Roundness are also Champions of the People.
So, CotP then

"So the question needs to be asked, was the pitch asked for by the team management or just that the curator group assumed this will help India and it just ended up exploding on our faces."

Your question

I couldnt give a crap about the pitch as we won
Why does it have to be either? How about the pitch was just prepared to be a good Test pitch? This is how it should always be. Preparing a pitch with input from "team management" or with a view towards helping the dome team is disgraceful.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Lol...simple TJB. If the management asked for this type of pitch, they should have been better prepared to play in it. That is all thee is to it. You saw how well the Aussies had prepared. I do wonder if a typical track like the ones we got against England would have worked against Aus in this scenario. But either way, they were prepared for a turner and they got one and they outplayed us on that.

bigmitch

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
So, CotP then

Why does it have to be either? How about the pitch was just prepared to be a good Test pitch? This is how it should always be. Preparing a pitch with input from "team management" or with a view towards helping the dome team is disgraceful.
Disgraceful or not, it happens in nearly every test-playing country. Otherwise why would it be a challenge to go and play in India? If they prepared pitches that were considered 'good' by Australians?

TheJediBrah

Disgraceful or not, it happens in nearly every test-playing country. Otherwise why would it be a challenge to go and play in India? If they prepared pitches that were considered 'good' by Australians?
No because typical Indian pitches would still be a challenge because we're not used to them. That's not the same as (hypothetically, not saying it happened here) going out of your way to make a dustbowl or excessive turner for the purpose of making things hard for the touring team.

Daemon

Yeah, maybe we need slow wickets like the ones that Pakistan score 500+ on and yet bowl Australia out cheaply.

Tbh I'm not sure what a 'regular' Indian pitch is like now today anyways. We've seen roads, slow wickets, green tops, bunsens. Idk.

Last edited:

TheJediBrah

Yeah, maybe we need slow wickets like the ones that Pakistan score 500+ on and yet bowl Australia out cheaply.

Tbh I'm not sure what a 'regular' Indian pitch is like now today anyways. We've seen roads, slow wickets, green tops, bunsens. Idk.
Come on man, that happened once

Of course Indian pitches vary greatly, but compared to Aus pitches they generally much slower and lower, and almost always turn more, regardless of how roady they are

bigmitch

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
No because typical Indian pitches would still be a challenge because we're not used to them. That's not the same as (hypothetically, not saying it happened here) going out of your way to make a dustbowl or excessive turner for the purpose of making things hard for the touring team.
And then seeing it completely backfire....:happy:

I think the sheer magnitude of the win will result in some long hours for the other groundsmen preventing such a thing happening again.

On a rank turner, even though their spin is usually less pronounced, all Lyon and SOK had to do was get one to grab and turn slightly more to get the edge. Expecting some flatter decks now where the ball that spins sharply and quickly (from Jadeja especially) is the one that surprises, not the skiddy straight one.

TheJediBrah

And then seeing it completely backfire....:happy:

I think the sheer magnitude of the win will result in some long hours for the other groundsmen preventing such a thing happening again.

On a rank turner, even though their spin is usually less pronounced, all Lyon and SOK had to do was get one to grab and turn slightly more to get the edge. Expecting some flatter decks now where the ball that spins sharply and quickly (from Jadeja especially) is the one that surprises, not the skiddy straight one.
I really hope not. I'm pretty sure most countries groundsmen just have free reign to prepare the wicket they think will give good cricket. Is that so much to ask for?

Spark

Global Moderator
and bowling wider is a large part of that. Whenever Lyno gets onto the pads too much he gets picked off and bleeds the runs. Getting wider and looking to get through the gate makes him a much more challenging prospect and also brings short leg right into the game.
And he varied his pace way more too. For all that there was talk about a flatter trajectory, he slowed the ball up more often than he did in Aus at any stage, which is strangely paradoxical. But he looked very good, and really he was unlucky not to pick up more top order-wickets (the catches which went to hand for SOK always seemed to just evade fielders for Lyon, and it didn't help that Warner had a bit of a shocker at leg slip all Test)

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
TBH, Handscomb, to me, made a big difference to this test with his catching. There could have been a couple of 50s in that first Indian innings but for his fielding.

Spark

Global Moderator
TBH, Handscomb, to me, made a big difference to this test with his catching. There could have been a couple of 50s in that first Indian innings but for his fielding.
I don't know about this tbh. Rahane never really looked comfortable against O'Keefe or Lyon, and Saha simply didn't look up to it in these conditions.

Maybe they would have managed to eke out the sort of 20-odd scores needed to avert a total collapse which is what the Aus batsmen did really well and allowed them to construct a manageable sort of total bit by bit, but that's the most you could say.

adub

International Captain
No question. India was in trouble, but those two screamers turned trouble into all but all over half an hour after lunch on the 2nd day.