• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

International Cricket Captain ODI World Cup (sim league mach 2)

randycricfreak

State Vice-Captain
Probable combined XI.Not a strict team how about all of us post something like this and then pick the final XIV

Tamim Iqbal
Will Porterfield
Andy Flower
Tom Cooper/Eoin Morgan
Shakib Al Hasan
Ryan Ten Doeschete
Kevin O'Brien
Heath Streak
Mashrafe Mortaza
Thomas Odoyo
Abdur Razzak

jimmy101

Cricketer Of The Year
It seems some people here are keen for more representation, so I have no problem with people controlling more than one team.

Infact, if everyone chose another team to control, we could expand the tournament to 16 teams, & divide them into groups of 8, with each player controlling team in each group, and the top four from each group qualifying for the quarter finals or super 8.

If some people would rather only manage one team, then we could expand to say, 10 or 12 teams, and work our way from there.

Opinions?

Last edited:

mr_mister

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
randycricfreak that looks like a solid team. you can use it if you want i'll go Australia A instead.

Would reccemend Grant Flower as a sub ha

mr_mister

Australia A:

Matt Hayden
Damian Martyn
Darren Lehmann
Greg Chappell
Michael Clarke
Steve Waugh
Ian Harvey
Rod Marsh
Brad Hogg
Damien Fleming
Craig McDermott

Subs:

Jason Gillespie
Brad Haddin
Andy Bichel

mr_mister

Harvey, Waugh and Chappell to bowl 20 overs between them. I'll see how it goes..

edit - and Darren Lehamann had solid ODI returns with the ball. Basically I'm hoping the part timers can do their bit to allow for deeper batting

Last edited:

jimmy101

Cricketer Of The Year
Ok cool, Australia A has been entered, and if Randy wants to put together a composite squad he may do so. The only problem is Odoyo isn't actually in the game & Morgan has been selected by Howe for England, so those picks are ineligible.

Tamim Iqbal
Will Porterfield
Andy Flower
Tom Cooper
Shakib Al Hasan
Ryan Ten Doeschete
Kevin O'Brien
Heath Streak
Mashrafe Mortaza
Abdur Razzak

Need to add four more players to this squad. Along with Grant Flower, may I suggest some players the calibre of Bashar, Rafique, Houghton, A Campbell, N Johnson, P Strang, Brandes, Goodwin, Blignaut, Taylor & Taibu, who are all available.

Let me also remind Howe that he needs to pick up another player for his England squad.

Since we have now expanded to 10 teams, I think we'll just roll with one big group & a format that sort of resembles the aborted format for the 2015 CWC in real life. Personally, I like the league structure.

Confirmed entrants:

Morgieb RSA
Shri WI
Harsh AUS
MM PAK & AUA (Australia A)
Randy SL & CXI (Combined XI)
weldone IND
TBP NZ
Howe ENG

I will return shortly with a full list of tournament rules, including scoring system, & fixtures.

Last edited:

jimmy101

Cricketer Of The Year
Tournament Rules.

Format:

Ten teams, seeded into a singular group, will play each other once in the round robin stage of the tournament. At the conclusion of the group stage, the top five ranked teams will progress to the finals. In the event of two or more teams being tied on points at the end of the final round, the team with the better net run rate (NNR) will attain the higher position. If the teams cannot be separated this way, a playoff match will take place.

Points System:

Win - 2 points
Tie - 1 point
Loss - 0 points

Finals:

The top 5 will progress to the finals series.

All tied finals will be replayed, with both parties given the opportunity to change their lineups prior to the rematch.

Form:

Because I am simming each game individually, form will be non-existent. Any form, or lack of form, a player gains will be reset before the next match.

Injuries:

Any player that suffers an injury will be unavailable for the the next game. After one match, the injured player will once again be available.

Trial matches:

By request only. If you wish for your team to have a hit out before the start of round 1, I will organise one for you against a List A team from ICC '13. The main benefit of the trial match is to see how the AI will handle your playing XI. Be warned, the AI can do crazy random things in ICC '13, which I cannot control.

Tournament fixture (host nation displayed on left):

Round 1

Sri Lanka v Australia
Pakistan v Australia A
New Zealand v England
CXI v India
West Indies v South Africa

Round 2

Sri Lanka v West Indies
South Africa v CXI
India v New Zealand
England v Pakistan
Australia A v Australia

Round 3

New Zealand v Sri Lanka
CXI v Pakistan
West Indies v Australia
South Africa v Australia A
India v England

Round 4

Pakistan v Sri Lanka
New Zealand v Australia
CXI v Australia A
West Indies v England
South Africa v India

Round 5

Sri Lanka v India
England v South Africa
Australia A v West Indies
Australia v CXI
Pakistan v New Zealand

Round 6

Sri Lanka v CXI
West Indies v New Zealand
South Africa v Pakistan
India v Australia
England v Australia A

Round 7

Australia A v Sri Lanka
Australia v England
Pakistan v India
New Zealand v South Africa
CXI v West Indies

Round 8

England v Sri Lanka
Australia A v India
Australia v South Africa
Pakistan v West Indies
New Zealand v CXI

Round 9

Sri Lanka v South Africa
India v West Indies
England v CXI
Australia A v New Zealand
Australia v Pakistan

harsh.ag

Good stuff with the format.

But shouldn't the winner of B get to play the winner of A. Right now the winner's being "penalized" by having to play against the Ranked 1 team.

Shri

Mr. Glass
Why isn't form a thing? Isn't it a tournament? Is it something that is not possible or is it something you actively reset? Oh and give me a trial too. Here's the XI:

Gordon Greenidge
Desmond Haynes
Viv Richards [6]
Brian Lara
Clive Lloyd* [7]
Chris Gayle [5]
Ridley Jacobs [+]
Malcolm Marshall [4]
Andy Roberts [3]
Joel Garner [2]
Michael Holding [1]

5/6/7 bowlers will bowl three overs each and the best bowler out of those 3 will bowl one extra over, making it ten overs from the part timers. Bowlers 1-4 will bowl 5 overs each for the first 20 overs before the part timers come on. Overs 20-30 will be part timers before the quickies come back for another 20 overs.

Last edited:

harsh.ag

Trial game for me too please.

XI

Waugh 7
Gilly +
Ponting
Bevan
Hussey
Watson 5
Symonds 6
Lee 2
Warne 4
Lillee 3
McGrath 1

mr_mister

Why isn't form a thing? Isn't it a tournament? Is it something that is not possible or is it something you actively reset? Oh and give me a trial too. Here's the XI:

Gordon Greenidge
Desmond Haynes
Viv Richards [6]
Brian Lara
Clive Lloyd* [7]
Chris Gayle [5]
Ridley Jacobs [+]
Malcolm Marshall [4]
Andy Roberts [3]
Joel Garner [2]
Michael Holding [1]

5/6/7 bowlers will bowl three overs each and the best bowler out of those 3 will bowl one extra over, making it ten overs from the part timers. Bowlers 1-4 will bowl 5 overs each for the first 20 overs before the part timers come on. Overs 20-30 will be part timers before the quickies come back for another 20 overs.
I think the simming feature just does what it wants with the bowlers. Jimmy isn't manually playing these games

Howe_zat

Audio File
Final England XI (drop Gooch)

1. Trescothick
2. Stewart+
3. Hick
4. Pietersen
5. Morgan
6. Collingwood
7. Flintoff
8. Botham
9. Swann