• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

The Alternate Futures Draft 1.0

Compton

International Debutant
Morgie can you ask me another question then plz?
I've now gone over 12 hours without a re-question, so I'll take Kallis. That's assuming I understand the rules correctly, which given how I've approached the last few days, is no given.

morgieb

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I've now gone over 12 hours without a re-question, so I'll take Kallis. That's assuming I understand the rules correctly, which given how I've approached the last few days, is no given.
I assumed it was a new round, so didn't bother.

harsh.ag

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Think it's fair to say this round has been ****ed up beyond repair.

I will not be able to give this the attention it needs and deserves, I think, over the next week.

Requesting someone to step up and take control of running this draft.

My last action as draft runner would be to cancel Round 3 and start with it again.

Hopefully someone steps up.

I apologize profusely, guys. You all have been fantastic - enthusiastic, patient and supportive.

Daemon

I will not be able to give this the attention it needs and deserves, I think, over the next week.

My last action as draft runner would be to cancel Round 3 and start with it again.

I apologize profusely, guys. You all have been fantastic - enthusiastic, patient and supportive.
What a shame. Let's just say Daemon won and leave it at that.

jimmy101

Cricketer Of The Year

All good Harsh, it was probably the best concept for a draft I had seen in years. Hopefully one day you might be able to run a revised version of this that is much more manageable. No-one could have foreseen how confusing this turned out to be.

Compton

International Debutant
Wait, it's not in that bad a state, is it?

If I go back and post everyone's teams from the end of round 2 then round 3 can just re-start with everyone understanding what the deal is, no?

Daemon

The main problems were

1. harsh being cute with the swapping of lists
2. 12 hours is not long enough

Otherwise I thought the lists were great and the whole idea was fantastic. I'd be down for a rerun of round 3 onwards if you pick it up.

Compton

International Debutant
If there's appetite, I'm happy to take this forward. I'll have a look at it later and decide whether to start again or continue from round 2.

Given that people are saying they don't want to take part anymore, it may be easier to re-start. Happy to take any thoughts on this, or potential changes in the mean time.

morgieb

I thought the draft was going OK before the list swap. That made things very very confusing, and it was never adequately spelt out why this happened.