• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Bangladesh in New Zealand 2016/2017

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
And yeah, while YouTube streams and WillowTV are generally legal (at least in the countries they're not geoblocked in), other streams generally aren't, so several of them have been filtered out on CW. Please don't link to, or discuss, illegal streams.

Dick Rockett

International Vice-Captain
Seems strange that we're not allowed to discuss illegal streams, but circumventing geoblocks is ok? Surely one is as illegal as the other.

Zinzan

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Seems strange that we're not allowed to discuss illegal streams, but circumventing geoblocks is ok? Surely one is as illegal as the other.
I use a paid proxy server and my understanding is their subs pay for the proxys access they allocate, so it's not illegal. That said, that could just be ignorance on my part.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
It's actually not illegal to circumvent geoblocking through VPNs (at least in Australia), due to how the law was written. I'm not sure about the case in other countries, and I suspect they'll eventually amend the law to 'fix' that, but as it stands that's perfectly legal (at least here, where James is based).

vandem

International 12th Man
It's actually not illegal to circumvent geoblocking through VPNs (at least in Australia), due to how the law was written. I'm not sure about the case in other countries, and I suspect they'll eventually amend the law to 'fix' that, but as it stands that's perfectly legal (at least here, where James is based).
For a while in NZ we has ISPs offering "global mode" which allowed geoblocked access to US, UK etc, got pulled after around 6 months after pressure from content providers.

The Hutt Rec

Didn't realise KW only averages in the 30s against SA, Pak, Eng and Ind, but 89 vs Bangers :ph34r:
Yeah, for all the criticism of Taylor minnow bashing (sorry ***** :P ) and only being average against the top sides, Williamson's record is very similar. Seems to go amazingly unnoticed.

Zinzan

I muted when Smithy came on commentary, but I'm guessing he's talking up a KW double century in advance.

I just can't do Smithy anymore.

Zinzan

Yeah, for all the criticism of Taylor minnow bashing (sorry ***** :P ) and only being average against the top sides, Williamson's record is very similar. Seems to go amazingly unnoticed.
Yeah I was really surprised, I expected him to struggle against SA and Eng, but expected he'd have better records vs. India and Pakistan.

cnerd123

likes this
It's appalling that cricketers get warned for running on the pitch at Test level.

Even in HK Domestic cricket us umpires make sure we call the bowlers out on it. Roy should not be doing this at this point.

Burgey

Seriously the youtube stream doesn't work regardless if I set my location to HK, USA, UK, India, BD or NZ

Like wtf. Who is allowed to watch this then? What countries are not region blocked from it? None of the channels I have are showing it too.

Seriously the most frustrating team to support. They're **** when you can watch them, and they're awesome when you can't.
You should stop limiting your location to only those teams you support.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
It's appalling that cricketers get warned for running on the pitch at Test level.

Even in HK Domestic cricket us umpires make sure we call the bowlers out on it. Roy should not be doing this at this point.
If only Kane Richardson had played some HK domestic cricket before his ODI debut.

Dick Rockett

Yeah I was really surprised, I expected him to struggle against SA and Eng, but expected he'd have better records vs. India and Pakistan.
It's his away record in those countries that's bringing the averages down. Except Pakistan - he's > 50 against them away.