• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Indian Cricket Dhaba

Best thread name

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

S.Kennedy

International Vice-Captain
Yeah standards of play would be vastly better if people played domestic cricket in other countries even semi regularly. Kinda tough with the schedules these days though. Only a Pujara who won't get selected for anything else can find the time for county cricket.
Tendulkar at Yorkshire of course, their first overseas player. He scored his only century for the White Rose at the Racecourse, Durham, against Durham.

S.Kennedy

Juneja went for a no ball in my opinion. Gujarat should get a lead of 100 - 150. Would I be correct in stating they've never won it, so a Gujarat victory would be quite historic?

indiaholic

International Captain
Yeah I thought it was a no ball too.. Doubt they will get to 150. The pitch was doing a bit...

Yep first time for Gujarat if they manage to do it. Absolutely historic. Mumbai has done it 41 times. This Mumbai team is not all that very good but a win against them would undoubtedly feel great.

vcs

Request Your Custom Title Now!
It is a shame how India has turned its back on first-class cricket. Was there ever a time when the Ranji trophy was huge?

When is the highlights on? I missed day 2.
Not really in my lifetime. Though in the early '90s, I remember reading about an epic Ranji Trophy final where almost all the top Indian players like Sachin, Kapil, Manjrekar, Shastri etc. played. I think the match was between Bombay and Haryana and involved an amazing 4th innings chase or something. Vaguely remember reading about it in the newspapers.

There you go.

http://cricketarchive.com/Archive/Scorecards/54/54175.html

My God, that's an epic match.

Last edited:

S.Kennedy

Not really in my lifetime. Though in the early '90s, I remember reading about an epic Ranji Trophy final where almost all the top Indian players like Sachin, Kapil, Manjrekar, Shastri etc. played. I think the match was between Bombay and Haryana and involved an amazing 4th innings chase or something. Vaguely remember reading about it in the newspapers.
The Home of CricketArchive

vcs

Since the advent of cable TV, I think most Indians would rather follow any random international game over watching FC cricket at the ground, or supporting a domestic team etc. That's just how it is nowadays. I barely follow it TBH.

S.Kennedy

Since the advent of cable TV, I think most Indians would rather follow any random international game over watching FC cricket at the ground, or supporting a domestic team etc. That's just how it is nowadays. I barely follow it TBH.
Why?

Star players not turning up?

vcs

No.. I just find it hard to care, and there's only so much time available. I'd rather keep track of any international match that's going on at the time. Maybe I would care if the stars gave it more importance. But then, I don't care about IPL despite the stars, so not too sure.

S.Kennedy

I almost exclusively like first-class cricket and cut out the one day stuff so that frees up a lot of time. I like county cricket about as much as anything else really; I prefer to watch it live over tests as there is it is less of a hassle.

Daemon

I used to follow it when I had a TV in my room, Neo Sports used to air random games. Once that was gone at some point I got bored of simply following scorecards and stopped completely. I still check the results from time to time and the stats leaders but that's about it. Would help if more of us talked about it as well, like we have for this game.

Btw bcci.tv has highlights as well.

indiaholic

International Captain
Very pedestrian but the pitch had a bit of grass and had some seam movement on it so dibbly dobbly bowling can be effective in these conditions.

indiaholic

International Captain
The commentators mentioned yesterday that the soil for the pitch was red clay and may deteriorate by the last innings.