• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** England in India 2016/17

Groundking

International Debutant
So Moeen in 2016, 1001 runs @ 47.67 with 4 100's and 5 50's and people think he shouldn't be in the team :laugh: Top effort for the lad this year.

EDIT: 308 runs @ 44 this series also.

Last edited:

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Moeen is an ideal #6 for England. Stokes has the potential to be a proper test match #4. But trust England management to mess it up coz they are worried about Stokes being moved out of a position he is often going to run out of partners.

Groundking

International Debutant
Moeen is an ideal #6 for England. Stokes has the potential to be a proper test match #4. But trust England management to mess it up coz they are worried about Stokes being moved out of a position he is often going to run out of partners.
Or they value his bowling and don't want to overburden him and break him, he's struggled with injuries this year as it is anyway...

91Jmay

International Coach
Been off the grid for a while. India far too good for us in this conditions, as good as any other Test side in the world. Need to see one big time away tour win from them to crown them the best.

Decent day for us, but can't see us bowling India out on this deck.

indiaholic

International Captain
Hope they try and bat the day out tomorrow too.. Pitch may turn interesting if it gets a little time to bake in the sun.

flibbertyjibber

Request Your Custom Title Now!
why do you say that? he did very well in ODIs against pace attacks and hasn't shown much doubt against swing or seam, not to mention he has batted in tests against the new balls at 7 and 8.

In all honesty, if Mo is in at 4 and the top 3 have done their jobs properly, he won't be coming up against many new balls and out and out pace.
His abject play against the short ball. He has a huge weakness against it and the Saffers and Aussies will love him walking out at 4 as they will fancy getting him cheap a lot.

MW1304

Cricketer Of The Year
Why the garbage posting about Mo early on? He always looks languid, it doesn't mean he isn't arsed.

Having said this, yeah he isn't a number 4. Should be in the side for sure but no higher than 6.

Last edited:

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Not seen a ball of today but I am rather pleased with that score.

I gather Joe Root was screwed over.:ph34r:

Gremlin

U19 Vice-Captain
I'd agree with that although I suggest Stokes would be at #5 with Root at #4.

The England management need to give Moeen the security and confidence to tell him that he is going to be the #6 moving forward in a similar way to Paul Farbrace doing similar with Ben Stokes a couple of years ago.

Groundking

International Debutant
I'd agree with that although I suggest Stokes would be at #5 with Root at #4.

The England management need to give Moeen the security and confidence to tell him that he is going to be the #6 moving forward in a similar way to Paul Farbrace doing similar with Ben Stokes a couple of years ago.
You're forgetting about Johnny Bairstow.....

wpdavid

Hall of Fame Member
Yeah would probably go

Hameed
Cook
Jennings
Root
Stokes
Moeen
Bairstow

As our top 7 for summer.
You could argue those last 3 pretty much any which way, couldn't you.
But I wouldn't have Stokes at 5. For me it comes down to a toss up between Moeen and Bairstow at 5 & 7.
And presumably we're playing four quicks after our top 7 unless there's a seriously good reason for Rashid getting a game?

Last edited:

mackembhoy

International Debutant
England record for most runs in a year

Code:
MP Vaughan    1481    2002
JE Root        1471    2016    
JM Bairstow    1447    2016
Chance for JB to take it tonight only for Root to take it in the second innings.
4 players with over 1000 runs this year. Stokes with another 120 needed to reach that milestone too.

I wonder if 4 players in a team have ever managed that let alone 5. I know we've played a million tests this year mind.