• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Australia vs New Zealand ODIs 2016/17

NZTailender

I can't believe I ate the whole thing
Admittedly in that 3rd (Hayden) odi our 3 best bowlers (Bond, Vettori and Oram) were all out injured. The 1st odi we won by 10 wickets after oz got rolled for 150.
Vincent and Fleming chased it down, we didn't lose any wickets. Boss win.

Then Bond got injured and we kept conceding 350 odd. iirc Tuffey played.

Spark

Global Moderator
Why would anyone have thought that at all?

You have a point regarding bilateral ODI series in general, but for some reason the Aus/NZ series I have much more trouble recalling. They are just not memorable at all and I probably watched them at the time too . . .
It's a bizarre phenomenon
This might have something to do with the fact that IIRC there were basically (or maybe even literally) no ODIs between the two sides between the 2011 and 2015 WCs.

Howsie

International Captain
Even that I only actually remember from scorecards.
Which is funny because just about anyone who plays/follows cricket in NZ remembers everything from that series.

But yeah it's been a long time since NZ played a ODI series in Australia, almost 8 years now which is just nuts tbh.

TheJediBrah

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Which is funny because just about anyone who plays/follows cricket in NZ remembers everything from that series.

But yeah it's been a long time since NZ played a ODI series in Australia, almost 8 years now which is just nuts tbh.
lmao that would explain why I can't remember them

Shri

Mr. Glass
Lockie Ferguson's name is coming up in the news a lot. How good is he?

Wouldn't mind seeing him bowl soon. See what the hype is about.

TheBrand

First Class Debutant
The Chappell-Hadlee series in 07 probably reignited my love of cricket. Outstanding scenes. As mentioned earlier everyone in New Zealand can probably remember that series as I likely realise these series are largely insignificant to most Australians. Just let us have our moments!!! Haha.

That 3rd ODI, Mark Gillespie played the most extraordinary innings, almost every shot he played was an inside edge or french cut for runs.

_Ed_

Haha, yeah, and then he randomly played an awesome drive for four, right out of the middle of the bat. McCullum's reaction at the other end was hilarious.

I may have this series on DVD...

TheBrand

First Class Debutant
Haha, yeah, and then he randomly played an awesome drive for four, right out of the middle of the bat. McCullum's reaction at the other end was hilarious.

I may have this series on DVD...
Man any chance I can get a copy?? Haha

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
So Hilton Cartwright has been released from the squad which begs the question, why was he originally named?

I guess they wanted to see how MMarsh and Faulkner felt after playing the last round of Shield matches. Thanks for answering the question.

Last edited:

NZTailender

I can't believe I ate the whole thing
Surprised Australia isn't using this series as a bit of an audition for the next Test series tbh :ph34r:

Dan

Hall of Fame Member
Released from the whole series, or the first ODI only? I'm not seeing anything on this atm.

Devastated tbh. He should have played.

burr

State Vice-Captain
This series represents the very worst of modern cricket. Players could be playing to stake their claims to an Australian team test cap at a crucial time. Instead, they're playing this ****. What ********.

Zinzan

Forecast looks good for Sydney, & although the long term forecast looks good for Canberra & Melbourne, the only two days either of those places are forecast to rain in the next week happen to be Tuesday (for Canberra) & Friday (for Melbourne). Go figure weather gods. :ph34r:

Hopefully it's nothing that will distract from a result. I seem to recall NZ were poised to take the last ODI series played in Aust conditions when the rain came to save Australia at the nick of time.