• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Australian Domestic Season 2016/17

dermo

International Vice-Captain
i know tassie are pretty rubbish but this is still some performance from sayers, what a man

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
Holland has bowled 1 over and has taken 3 wickets for no runs.

Anyone know when Chris Lynn is back? QLD needs him ASAP, and Renshaw too. Forrest needs to go.

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
i'd honestly rather watch cricket on the saca stream than on nine
Yeah the quality is great.

This Tassie team frustrates me. I think 8 of the 11 are from other states and while I've thought positively about all of the batsman at various points, the lineup really is all over the place. Beau Webster isn't ready for the number 3 role and because he is bowling quite a lot, it shouldn't be a problem if he bats at 5 or 6. Dom Michael is a top order bat, I think he should open which means Silk drops down or out of the team since Dunk has enough runs in the bank from last year to remain as opener. Also, Hamish Kingston looks promising, I feel like he should be playing for sure and Boyce shouldn't.

Midwinter

State Captain
Vics looking good

What a pearla of an over by Holland, as if the bananabenders weren't in enough trouble.

Maxwell once again,like last year, fails to make the century that would make everyone and the selectors sit up and take notice of his batting in the long forms of the game.

TheJediBrah

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Vics looking good

What a pearla of an over by Holland, as if the bananabenders weren't in enough trouble.

Maxwell once again,like last year, fails to make the century that would make everyone and the selectors sit up and take notice of his batting in the long forms of the game.
It could still be enough for the selectors to take a punt on him, especially if Aus collapse again in the second innings

Mitch Marsh is rubbish

SeamUp

International Coach
Whats the update with Pattinson?
Seems no definite time scale but hoping to play Shield for Victoria before the end of the year is last I heard.

It could still be enough for the selectors to take a punt on him, especially if Aus collapse again in the second innings

Mitch Marsh is rubbish
Surely there is a better option than Maxwell ? Can he absorb pressure when a bowler is on top ?

The funny thing is there are guys pushing but there isn't 2 or 3 who are separating themselves from the pack.

WESTERN AUSTRALIA

Cameron BANCROFT [44 games] [2792 runs] [37.72] [7 hundreds]
Hilton CARTWRIGHT [13 games] [716 runs] [@51.14] [2 hundreds]

SOUTH AUSTRALIA

Jake WEATHERALD [6 games] [442 runs] [@49.11] [1 hundred]
Callum FERGUSON [101 games] [6720 runs] [@40.23] [15 hundreds]
Travis HEAD [47 games] 2772 runs] [@33.39] [3 hundreds]
Jake LEHMANN [18 games] [1322 runs] [@48.96] [5 hundreds]

VICTORIA

Marcus HARRIS [44 games] [2405 runs] [@31.23] [5 hundreds]
Marcus STOINIS [37 games] [2193 runs] [@37.81] [4 hundreds]
Peter HANDSCOMB [60 games] [3639 runs] [@38.71] [8 hundreds]
Glenn MAXWELL [44 games] [2707 runs] [@41.64] [5 hundreds]
* White averages 40.56 WITH 20 hundreds as a bench-mark

NSW

Kurtis PATTERSON [32 games] [2158 runs] [@43.16] [5 hundreds]
Nic MADDINSON [58 games] [3614 runs] [@38.44] [8 hundreds]
Moises HENRIQUES [65 games] [2865 runs] [@31.14] [4 hundreds]

QUEENSLAND

Matthew RENSHAW [11 games] [863 runs] [@41.09] [2 hundreds]
Joe BURNS [79 games] [4979 runs] [@39.51] [12 hundreds]
Chris LYNN [40 games] [2708 runs] [@44.39] [6 hundreds]

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
I like how you've included Marcus Harris and not Travis Dean. Also no Taswegians.

Midwinter

State Captain
Just like to point out that Maxwell averaged 50 in shield games last season.

With the 81 he scored yesterday he now averages 55 for the last 6 shield games he has played.

While he is not bashing the door down, he is knocking.

:)

Last edited:

burr

State Vice-Captain
Why is Faulkner not playing this match? Is he injured? Just interested considering people in the SA-AUS thread are touting him as the replacement for Marsh.

So do you reckon Dad could be coaching Son in the Australian Team? Or could Dad be sacked by the time Son makes his Debut. Mmm...

sonnench

U19 12th Man
What's everyone thoughts on Marnus Labuschagne? My knowledge of the Aus domestic scene is limited, but I am interested in how ex South Africans get on. Especially ones who I share a name with :laugh:

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
Labuschagne quite controversially was awarded player of the tournament in the Matador one day tournament that finished last month, so he is definitely on the rise - He looks really composed at the crease and seems quite calculated with his shot selection. He is strong outside off on the cut and cover drives. Doesn't look amazing against spin but I haven't noticed an obvious flaw in his game.

I just flicked on the SA vs TAS game and first ball Zampa clean bowled Doran with a ball that turned significantly into the rough. An excellent delivery from Zampa and it shows that he can actually spin it. I recommend watching it if you can access.

Midwinter

State Captain
Labuschagne had a good start to last season but fell by teh mdidle and was out of the shield side for while.He is off to another good start this year

He looks good but haven't seen him a lot.

Last edited: