• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Australian Domestic Season 2016/17

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
Speaking of a replacement for Nevill, we could look at Tim Ludeman.

We could really do with a brilliant keeper and bat who can smash the RSA team for 167 runs off 134 balls.

adub

International Captain
All it took was the introduction of a Rugless Douglas half way into the game and the Real Queensland show up for the last day.

dermo

International Vice-Captain
So getting it straight, he hardly had a chance to pad his stats in the easiest of situations, but when he's actually required to be of test standard and put in a performance when the chips are down and can't because he's a Victorian traitor hackfraud its unfair.

I see Nevill is going to be our Virat for years to come.
yeah but pretty much all of our batsmen aren't test standard when required, my point is his record only looks a lot worse than the other hacks because he didn't have the opportunities to bat against hacks.

SeamUp

International Coach
All it took was the introduction of a Rugless Douglas half way into the game and the Real Queensland show up for the last day.
Doug the Rug now into 10th on the all-time NSW leading wicket-takers list ! Boom !

adub

International Captain
Bl00s

NSW Blues squad:

Moises Henriques (Captain)

Doug Bollinger

Ryan Carters

Harry Conway

Trent Copeland

Ed Cowan

Ryan Gibson

Daniel Hughes

Nic Maddinson

Stephen O’Keefe

Kurtis Patterson

Will Somerville

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
From that 12 man squad the NSW thing to do would be to leave Gibson out. Agree adubbers?

I'm curious to see what XI Victoria name this round. Maxwell better play, the past few years he and Faulkner haven't had the opportunities to dominate a Shield season because of white ball cricket so to have him not playing when available is disappointing.

adub

International Captain
Yeah Gibson on drinks would be NSW without question. Copes at 7 SOK 8 and the rest at 11

The interesting thing for me is where Mad Dog bats. I can see him coming in at 5 below KPat and Fui.

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
I was thinking MadDog would just come in at 3 replacing Smith but you never know.

Victoria name a 13 man squad:
Matthew Wade (c), Fawad Ahmed, Scott Boland, Dan Christian, Travis Dean, Aaron Finch, Peter Handscomb, Marcus Harris, Jon Holland, Glenn Maxwell, Marcus Stoinis, Chris Tremain, Cameron White.

Queensland:
Chris Hartley (c), Joe Burns, Ben Cutting, Luke Feldman, Peter Forrest, Peter George, Sam Heazlett, Charlie Hemphrey, Marnus Labuschagne, Michael Neser, Mitch Swepson, Jack Wildermuth (12th man to be named).

Queensland drop Floros and with Khawaja out the batting looks weak, although nice to see Heazlett back.

Midwinter

State Captain
Will the Vics pick Fawad or Holland ?

And what about Maxwell ?

I would play Maxwell instead of Christian, better bat, a variety in the bowling and of course a far better field.

Fawad would be in front of Holland, can't see both of them playing.

Boland,Tremain and Stoney Stoinis, then Fawad and Maxwell & White for the random spells

TheJediBrah

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Will the Vics pick Fawad or Holland ?

And what about Maxwell ?

I would play Maxwell instead of Christian, better bat, a variety in the bowling and of course a far better field.

Fawad would be in front of Holland, can't see both of them playing.

Boland,Tremain and Stoney Stoinis, then Fawad and Maxwell & White for the random spells
Christian was their best bowler in their opening victory

he's safe

I honestly can't see where Maxwell can fit in, unless they drop either White or Finch.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
There's really no reason for Finch to be playing ahead of Maxwell. He averages 26 for Victoria and hasn't hit a Shield ton since the 2009/10 season. That's just crazy bad.

TheJediBrah

Maxwell is such a better First-class batsman than Finch, statistically, but for the some reason they feel the need to keep playing Finch

Probably because he didn't try and move to NSW . . .

Top_Cat

There's really no reason for Finch to be playing ahead of Maxwell. He averages 26 for Victoria and hasn't hit a Shield ton since the 2009/10 season. That's just crazy bad.
Remains his only ton, against the might of Tasmania no less.

No way to spin it, one ton for Vic in 5 years is trash.