• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

**Official** England in Bangladesh 2016

91Jmay

International Coach
That's a beauty from Zafar. Drift and big bounce.

Still at least one loose ball an over though. He isn't the answer, at the moment anyway.

Adders

Cricketer Of The Year
Lol, your team selection is arrogant. Getting Tamim out doesn't change that Adders. Hard to argue.
Hard or not I'm gonna have a crack!!!

I really don't believe it is arrogant at all........You are not going to get through 7 tests in 8 1/2 weeks with 11 players. It's ****ed but that's what we're faced with.

It's not arrogant to prioritise the 5 tests against India over 2 tests against Bangladesh, especially when we're 1 up. This is a good Bangladesh side and any team will have to play well to beat them in their own back yard.

But I'd take a 1-1 draw here if it means we have half an idea what team is our best for India and we're competitive.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator

I really don't believe it is arrogant at all........You are not going to get through 7 tests in 8 1/2 weeks with 11 players. It's ****ed but that's what we're faced with.
I think you could maybe argue that resting Broad was smart player management rather than arrogance, but there's no reason Batty needed a rest. That was just arrogant IMO.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)

It's not arrogant to prioritise the 5 tests against India over 2 tests against Bangladesh, especially when we're 1 up. This is a good Bangladesh side and any team will have to play well to beat them in their own back yard.

But I'd take a 1-1 draw here if it means we have half an idea what team is our best for India and we're competitive.
Just rest Broad and co. for the 4th and 5th test when India have already won the series 3-0.

91Jmay

International Coach
They aren't resting Batty tbf, they want to have a look at Ansari. They don't know who they are going to pick in 1st Test in India atm.

Adders

Cricketer Of The Year
I think you could maybe argue that resting Broad was smart player management rather than arrogance, but there's no reason Batty needed a rest. That was just arrogant IMO.

It's not just about resting players, it's about having a look/getting game time into the others.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
They aren't resting Batty tbf, they want to have a look at Ansari. They don't know who they are going to pick in 1st Test in India atm.
It's not just about resting players, it's about having a look/getting game time into the others.
Yes so you admit its not scheduling with Batty right? You're basically trying **** in a test match against an opponent that came within a bee's dick of winning the last test and making England the first ever major test nation to lose to Bangladesh.

Dunno how this isn't arrogant and disrespectful to Banglas. Well within your rights to do it but then England will rightly get called out for it.