• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** New Zealand in India 2016

Zinzan

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Firstly, are we surprised that Jimmy is injured? I mean when was the last time he actually got on the park in red ball cricket? He's starting to become a smug somebody who is more famous for his Twitter "humour" and cringy one liners than any meaningful recent performance.

Secondly, on a slightly more cynical note, can "journalists" stop referring to everything outside of India as a "greentop" ffs. This whole narrative that teams get served up nothing but greentops in AUS / SA / ENG is hilarious, it's like the go to buzzword for any criticism of India's home tactics. Comments such as "but when v get given greentops and swinging conditions we don't complain" is so LOL. It's almost as if there is a complete lack of even knowing the simplest things about climates abroad.

This whole post reeks of a cynical bastard (which lets be honest, it is), but forgive me, I have just watched a video of Harsha Bogle (yeah, I know I should of known what I was getting into) talking about Jadeja being no different to other bowlers making hay in swinging / seaming conditions (there is some sort of point, but the pitch doesn't make the ball swing).

Sorry, rant over.
Half decent rant tbf.

Gnske

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Firstly, are we surprised that Jimmy is injured? I mean when was the last time he actually got on the park in red ball cricket? He's starting to become a smug somebody who is more famous for his Twitter "humour" and cringy one liners than any meaningful recent performance.

Secondly, on a slightly more cynical note, can "journalists" stop referring to everything outside of India as a "greentop" ffs.
Started well by ripping into Neesh but you lost me at the bolded.

Every journalist and their mums call most pitches outside of India flat highways with the docility of an accountant on anti-depressants.

CharlesLara

U19 12th Man
Started well by ripping into Neesh but you lost me at the bolded.

Every journalist and their mums call most pitches outside of India flat highways with the docility of an accountant on anti-depressants.
Not sure if I agree, I'm speaking mainly about Indian journalists here. The go to narrative about Indians preparing rank turners seems to turn into "but we get greentops everywhere we tour" etc. That 2002 series that Flem obviosuly being the exception, even though watching a rampant Bond hoop it at pace still remains one of the great sights.

Do I agree that pitches around the world are pathetically docile? Yes. I watched Peter Fulton make twin hundreds..

CharlesLara

U19 12th Man
just remember ganguly crying all tour in 2002 because the pitches were green (didn't absolve him from chasing balls well wide of off) and harbhajan declaring he was never coming back to nz again after having to take his shoes off in an airport or something

he came back ftr
Just rewatched this for the first time in a while, maaaaannn, Shane ****in Bond.

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Lol, why are you so bothered by what Indian journalists write?
We, as members of the Reasonable And Nonpartisan Desi Indians (RANDI*) unfortunately have to silently cop the wrath of people who work themselves up over Indian cricket thanks to absolute degenerates in the Indian media, administrators, fans and players.

I've come to realise there isn't any point in complaining when an umpiring decision goes against us and someone inevitably pipes up with "review it, ****s", when Burgey posts "best fielding side in the world" for the 100th time and especially when sledger steps into Cricket Chat solely to take a dump on Tendulkar.

Instead, if we keep our heads down and continue our good work, perhaps one day we may influence the rest of the Indian community into changing their ways.

Yours Truly,
Daemon
Founder of RANDI

\o
.|\
/\

*Please don't infract me

CharlesLara

U19 12th Man
We, as members of the Reasonable And Nonpartisan Desi Indians (RANDI*) unfortunately have to silently cop the wrath of people who work themselves up over Indian cricket thanks to absolute degenerates in the Indian media, administrators, fans and players.

I've come to realise there isn't any point in complaining when an umpiring decision goes against us and someone inevitably pipes up with "review it, ****s", when Burgey posts "best fielding side in the world" for the 100th time and especially when sledger steps into Cricket Chat solely to take a dump on Tendulkar.

Instead, if we keep our heads down and continue our good work, perhaps one day we may influence the rest of the Indian community into changing their ways.

Yours Truly,
Daemon
Founder of RANDI

\o
.|\
/\

*Please don't infract me
Hardest opening lines I have read all year.

Also, apologies to any RANDI's that may have taken offence, I can only understand the generalisations you have to face, the thing I am very guilty of in this thread.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)

Yours Truly,
Daemon
Founder of RANDI

\o
.|\
/\

*Please don't infract me
Ironic that the symbol is a fast bowler :ph34r:

cnerd123

likes this
Ravi Shastri
Rahul D-ravi-d
Souravi Ganguly
'Ravinda de Silva
Travi Head
Ravi Bopara
Ravi Ashwin
Ravi Jadeja
P-ravi-n Kumar
Ravi Ratnayake
Ravi Rampaul
I like how you took the time to do it, yet couldn't be bothered enough to actually get 11 cricketers named Ravi that you had to rely on a couple of cheats.