• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Indian Cricket Dhaba

Best thread name

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

morgieb

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Not sure what Hardik has done to deserve a spot in the A test team. They need to stop the obsession with a fast bowling all rounder, it's not getting us anywhere.
I do see why striving towards a proper all-rounder is good, especially for India away from home, but you're hurting your balance hard. I'd just tell two of your bats to eat some cement and bowl :p

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Karun Nair can bowl decent offies tbh.. But project Bumrah will go on. The guys that matter see something in him. Remember Kumble, Sachin are all in the MI set up and rave about him.

cnerd123

likes this
Hardik actually has quite a bit of potential around him tho. I really dont mind investing A Team games and ODIs/T20s into developing him.

And yea I was mildly impressed by Nari's offies. Our ODI side really needs a batsman who can chip in with the ball, if Nair were to reinvent himself as a Pandey-style middle order batsman he'd be a great fit.

Faiz Fazal being in the A team confuses me even more tbh. With Dhawan, Vijay and Rahul Jnr all competing for test opening slots you'd have figured the A team FC opening slot would go to a really young prospect instead.

morgieb

What happened to Chand, btw? Thought he was heaps hyped as an opening prospect.

Zol another promising Indian bat to fall away too.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Hardik actually has quite a bit of potential around him tho. I really dont mind investing A Team games and ODIs/T20s into developing him.

And yea I was mildly impressed by Nari's offies. Our ODI side really needs a batsman who can chip in with the ball, if Nair were to reinvent himself as a Pandey-style middle order batsman he'd be a great fit.

Faiz Fazal being in the A team confuses me even more tbh. With Dhawan, Vijay and Rahul Jnr all competing for test opening slots you'd have figured the A team FC opening slot would go to a really young prospect instead.

Agree. Has a lot of upside but hope the IPL doesn't get to his head and he becomes another Sreesanth.

longranger

U19 Cricketer
So do we have an idea of what the team vs NZ is going to be like?

Kohli helped settled the debate of Rohit vs Pujara by publicly declaring that he and Rahane will come up to 3 and 4 respectively, leaving 5 for Rohit. Given its a long (13 Tests) home series, I do expect Rohit to manage to hit a couple of big scores and keep his place in the side (barely).

Has Mishra impressed enough to make it as the 3rd spinner?

My guess for the team:
1. Vijay
2. KL Rahul
3. Kohli
4. Rahane
5. Rohit
6. Ashwin (it works)
7. Saha
8. Jadeja
9. Mishra (not shabby with the bat)
10. Shami (beginning to return to his best)
11. Ishant (Kohli's favorite work-horse)

I assume Dhawan, Pujara and Bhuvi will be relegated to the bench and wont' come on unless one of the above really screws up / gets injured.

Daemon

1. Vijay
2. KL Rahul
3. Pujara
4. Kohli
5. Rahane
6. Rohit
7. Ashwin
8. Saha
9. Jadeja
10. Mishra/Shami
11. Ishant

I think he'll go for this if the wickets are like those against SA. We won't need 5 bowlers in that case.

Shady Slim

International Coach
is ashwin and then saha a permanent fixture or was it only against the windies because ashwin is a windies basher?

like are they genuinely trying to make him an AR or

harsh.ag

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Pujara's 200 is up! Wonderful to watch. Clocking good speed as well 205(304).

Rohit gets out for 30.

harsh.ag

Shedlon Jackson is a real good talent too, as a batsman. Plays attacking cricket and makes big scores. Don't know about his keeping skills, but if they are good, then he can easily replace Saha in the test side.

Last edited:

Arjun

Cricketer Of The Year
What's the word here on the new version of the Duleep Trophy? The pink ball is worth an experiment, but reducing the number of teams to something like that Challenger nonsense is something most disappointing. We need to get that zone-vs-zone format back, and make it longer, like it used to be. There's no Champions League T20 any more, so there's more time for this and Deodhar in the old form.

harsh.ag

What's the word here on the new version of the Duleep Trophy? The pink ball is worth an experiment, but reducing the number of teams to something like that Challenger nonsense is something most disappointing. We need to get that zone-vs-zone format back, and make it longer, like it used to be. There's no Champions League T20 any more, so there's more time for this and Deodhar in the old form.
We do end up with better teams though. It's a more interesting battle from the spectators' pov. That may not be the best thing from the pov of the growth of domestic players, though.

Daemon

More games are definitely needed because it's a high level of FC cricket and a much better indicator to Test success than the Ranji. I think reducing the number of teams was wrong but at the same time we don't need to go back to zones. Just add another team, there's enough quality players that aren't playing atm.