• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Post here when Gayle does something dickish/creepy thread

G.I.Joe

International Coach
Or like Batman Vs Superman
It wasn't that bad! Yeah Snyder clumsily tried to smother his characters with layers, but if you ignore all his attempted allegories and treat it as a straightforward action flick it's still pretty decent return on the cost of a ticket and your time invested.

TheJediBrah

Request Your Custom Title Now!
It wasn't that bad! Yeah Snyder clumsily tried to smother his characters with layers, but if you ignore all his attempted allegories and treat it as a straightforward action flick it's still pretty decent return on the cost of a ticket and your time invested.
No doubt Civil War was a better film than B v S, but if you believe the reviews you'd think BvS was an absolute piece of **** and that Civil War was the greatest film of all time. The Civil War love from critics was extremely excessive.

Can't trust the critics these days IMO. You never know what agendas they've got

Bahnz

Hall of Fame Member
It was that bad. I found it pretty difficult to ignore all the allegories given that Snyder was smashing the audience over the head with the Jesus frying pan every 30 seconds. I'm surprised he didn't include some casual dialogue about how "only 3 days have past since that day" before cutting to the Superman's Alive! reveal. As for the action, you had to wait through 2 hours of pompous and incoherent droning, enjoyed 10 minutes of neat BvS, before moving on to the stock-standard 40 minute long CGI-smothered, city-destroying light show. Zzzzz

Last edited:

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
I dont give a damn about the rest, I will never forgive him for making me hate Superman... Come on, he was worse than a Rajinikanth villain in BvS... :p

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!

And I am now guessing we all collectively missed the tic joke here.... weldone, Joe :p

grecian

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Modern celebrity for you.

Egotistical person does something dickish, people criticize, people rally round said sleb as they like to have contrary views and are big fans, sleb ignore criticism and totally buys into the defence because hey they're egotistical. Sleb never learns anything and behaviour gets worse, and then becomes president of the United States.

The last bit maybe a one-off.

TheJediBrah

The people who really look bad are the media. Why is it so hard for them to let this go? Surely there's other things they can be reporting to sell subscriptions.

Be nice if people stopped eating it up like simple-minded idiots

grecian

The people who really look bad are the media. Why is it so hard for them to let this go? Surely there's other things they can be reporting to sell subscriptions.

Be nice if people stopped eating it up like simple-minded idiots
Yeah, all the presses fault,would also be kinda nice if Gayle stopped blaming others and doing dickish things, apologists everywhere. Simple-minded slavish devotion.

TheJediBrah

Yeah, all the presses fault,would also be kinda nice if Gayle stopped blaming others and doing dickish things, apologists everywhere. Simple-minded slavish devotion.
don't be ignorant. Everyone knows Gayle isn't going to say or do anything different. All this fiasco constantly comes down to is the media baiting an absolute known quantity and acting surprised when they get the response that everyone who isn't a complete moron knows they are going to get.

No one's defending Gayle's actions or comments. He is what he is but he's not going up to random people on the street and forcing them to listen to his ***ist remarks.

hendrix

Hall of Fame Member
don't be ignorant. Everyone knows Gayle isn't going to say or do anything different. All this fiasco constantly comes down to is the media baiting an absolute known quantity and acting surprised when they get the response that everyone who isn't a complete moron knows they are going to get.

No one's defending Gayle's actions or comments. He is what he is but he's not going up to random people on the street and forcing them to listen to his ***ist remarks.
He has instagram and twitter.

Modern sportsman is public figure. This is not a new thing.

SteveNZ

Cricketer Of The Year

Or the media are trying to expose the actions of a complete **** head to ensure that no such behaviour is allowed to condoned or be exhibited around women in an environment where they are trying to do their job? No one's defending him, because he's a ****wit. Unfortunately he loves the attention. Perhaps a few BBL and T20 Blast sides can pick their stones up and refuse to draft a misogynist dick like him, whilst simultaneously trying to attract families and female viewership/attendee ship.

TheJediBrah

Or the media are trying to expose the actions of a complete **** head to ensure that no such behaviour is allowed to condoned or be exhibited around women in an environment where they are trying to do their job? No one's defending him, because he's a ****wit. Unfortunately he loves the attention. Perhaps a few BBL and T20 Blast sides can pick their stones up and refuse to draft a misogynist dick like him, whilst simultaneously trying to attract families and female viewership/attendee ship.
lmao yeah the media are such heroes fighting for our rights, good on them

Surely I can't be the only one getting tired of the same repetitive, predictable and unexciting story. Chris Gayle's a dickhead, no ****, move along. Pretty much the only reason people are finding out about his actions and comments is because he keeps getting baited and then has his stupid comments thrown out there for the sake of getting views, subscriptions, selling papers or whatever "journalists" do these days.

Surely that's obvious?

Last edited:

grecian

You are defending him by blaming the media and not him, it's about as simple as it gets, even for someone so superior they keep calling others simple-minded idiot/ignorant who don't share their view. Yet having a grossly inflated sense of worth maybe what you like in Gayle.

Oh and simple-minded idiot is an oxymoron, you might want to cut down on those (yeah I know all my post come with grammar, spelling mistakes by the 1000, but look at the sig).

lmao yeah the media are such heroes fighting for our rights, good on them

Surely I can't be the only one getting tired of the same repetitive, predictable and unexciting story. Chris Gayle's a dickhead, no ****, move along. Pretty much the only reason people are finding out about his actions and comments is because he keeps getting baited and then has his stupid comments thrown out there for the sake of getting views, subscriptions, selling papers or whatever "journalists" do these days.

Surely that's obvious?
You do realise the entire latest story was created by him defending himself, and slagging off of the females involved. I particularly like how he said it was okay, because all the other lads were laughing about it.

I am tired of it, but the person I'm tired of is the bloke clos-ish to forty who keeps on he behaving like he's a fratboy. Hard to know how the **** having women who interview other sportstars is baiting.

Start behaving like a civilised human being, the stories go away, that's obvious.

It really is hard enough to be a female journo in a male-orientated profession without putting up with his ****, and you just blaming the media (presumably, you think like Gayle the ones he slobbered over are too blame). Not everything is faux-media outrage, sometimes there's just real outrage at an attitude that pervades through sports and society. It needs to be ****ing called out.

BTW Gayle can ask out whomever he wants after the interviews stopped, good luck to him, but he earns millions to promote his sport/franchises, just turn it off for a bit and do that job.

Last edited:

TheJediBrah

You are defending him by blaming the media and not him, it's about as simple as it gets, even for someone so superior they keep calling others simple-minded idiot/ignorant who don't share their view. Yet having a grossly inflated sense of worth maybe what you like in Gayle.

Oh and simple-minded idiot is an oxymoron, you might want to cut down on those (yeah I know all my post come with grammar, spelling mistakes by the 1000, but look at the sig).

You do realise the entire latest story was created by him defending himself, and slagging off of the females involved. I particularly like how he said it was okay, because all the other lads were laughing about it.

I am tired of it, but the person I'm tired of is the bloke clos-ish to forty who keeps on he behaving like he's a fratboy. Hard to know how the **** having women who interview other sportstars is baiting.

Start behaving like a civilised human being, the stories go away, that's obvious.

It really is hard enough to be a female journo in a male-orientated profession without putting up with his ****, and you just blaming the media (presumably, you think like Gayle the ones he slobbered over are too blame). Not everything is faux-media outrage, sometimes there's just real outrage at an attitude that pervades through sports and society. It needs to be ****ing called out.

BTW Gayle can ask out whomever he wants after the interviews stopped, good luck to him, but he earns millions to promote his sport/franchises, just turn it off for a bit and do that job.
I'll repeat myself yet again. No one's defending Gayle. No one's saying he's not at fault. The fact is that the deciding factor as to why we keep hearing these annoying stories about Gayle's stupid antics is because the media is obsessed with repetitively reporting on it.

The rest of what you're saying is incredibly obvious and no one is disagreeing with you. You just seem to be failing to read what I am actually saying. I'm annoyed that we keep having to hear about this **** because the media constantly reporting on it is making it worse by giving Gayle all the attention he could ever want.

You think it's a coincidence that this all blew up after the Mel McLaughlin interview and the ensuing media reaction? It's not. The attention that the media gave him just spurs him on.

If my point still isn't clear I honestly don't know how to more thoroughly explain it.

Also not that it matters but I think you're confusing your grammatical terms. "Simple minded idiot" isn't an oxymoron, it's a tautology. edit: well it's not really a tautology, they don't quite mean the same thing at all, but I know that's what you meant

Last edited: