• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

**Official* IPL 2016

Shady Slim

International Coach
so on the cricinfo "who are you supporting" poll we have current results of:

KKR: 14%
MI: 18%
GJL: 6%
RCB: 24%
RPSG: 18%
SRH: 8%
KXIP: 4%
DD: 7%

so as an australian the following questions are raised:

-i like a lot of the KXIP players; why don't the locals?
-RPSG. dhoni?
-gujarat expected for a new team
-how indicative are support levels of population levels and are local populations team loyal?

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
BTW, the team I picked to support this year are already screwed.. No Starc and looks like no Badree either. Gonna be chasing some huge totals will RCB.. Hope Gayle, ABD, Kohli, Twatto are up for it.

TheJediBrah

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Good news for KKR that Narine is cleared but will he be as effective?
This never made any sense to me. Why would it make a difference to how he bowls? He could chuck it during games as much as he wants, but when all the "testing" is done in labs he could just go back to his new, less effective action while being tested.

until you can start testing bowling actions in-game it all seems a bit pointless

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
It's not a coincidence he's been **** ever since being called out though

But yes, it's definitely an area of concern, however we don't seem to have any better options at the moment.

Last edited:

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
@JB: Because if you keep chucking in games, you can be tested again. So will be wary of going back to old ways. And yes, in game testing would be best to test chuckers though obviously it would be a bit controversial.

G.I.Joe

International Coach
so on the cricinfo "who are you supporting" poll we have current results of:

KKR: 14%
MI: 18%
GJL: 6%
RCB: 24%
RPSG: 18%
SRH: 8%
KXIP: 4%
DD: 7%

so as an australian the following questions are raised:

-i like a lot of the KXIP players; why don't the locals?
-RPSG. dhoni?
-gujarat expected for a new team
-how indicative are support levels of population levels and are local populations team loyal?
I haven't been following the teams of late, but in the initial years it was tough to take KXIP seriously as a team because they were very fickle, did not persevere with their players and didn't create a core group that could be identified as KXIP. Plus, no one can stand Priety Zinta.

91Jmay

International Coach
Sounds like Buttler may be playing as a keeper according to Butcher he is going through the warm ups. Gives me a reason to watch.

AndyZaltzHair

Hall of Fame Member
This never made any sense to me. Why would it make a difference to how he bowls? He could chuck it during games as much as he wants, but when all the "testing" is done in labs he could just go back to his new, less effective action while being tested.

until you can start testing bowling actions in-game it all seems a bit pointless
Because he can get called again? He was in fact called after clearing previously iirc.