• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

5th Match - Australia v New Zealand (18th March)

Who will win this match?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Zinzan

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Just got back. Left the game when NZ had scored 58 from the first 6.

How did the Aussies keep things below a run-a-ball from there?
The pitch slowed up significantly and even Aussie's average bowlers like Marsh and Maxwell looked almost impossible to get away.

Also NZ lacked adaptability against the slower bowling.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
I dunno whether I've seen such blatantly bad captaincy for a while. Did Williamson not bat on that pitch and witness the whole first innings?

Moss

International Vice-Captain
Opening with Anderson has become one of those ploys that just happens whatever the situation.

Khawaja looking ominous here

Zinzan

I dunno whether I've seen such blatantly bad captaincy for a while. Did Williamson not bat on that pitch and witness the whole first innings?
Agree, nonsensical. Argument for 4 spinners today, let alone 3.

Zinzan

Opening with Anderson has become one of those ploys that just happens whatever the situation.
It's because he gets jammy wickets from *** bowling, they keep getting fooled into thinking he can actually restrict runs. He's never had control of his line and length.

Last edited:

harsh.ag

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Haha Corey, Milne, and Elliot all got hit for two fours each, but Anderson gets the amazing hate. Love it.

FaaipDeOiad

Hall of Fame Member
Dunno if bowling spin in the powerplay is really necessary. Australia's best powerplay bowlers were Watson and Faulkner. Need to vary pace etc though for sure.

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
Dunno if bowling spin in the powerplay is really necessary. Australia's best powerplay bowlers were Watson and Faulkner. Need to vary pace etc though for sure.
Khawaja and Watson are just so much more comfortable starting against pace.

Meridio

International Regular
I think we were also put off bowling Santner/Sodhi at Khawaja because they'd be turning it into them, and Khawaja had pretty much all the strike early on.