• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Asia Cup 2016

Burner

International Regular
It kind of sucks that they've turned it into a t20. More so because of how short a t20 game is when compared to an ODI. If you are lucky, an ODI can fill up your whole day. So even if you are doing something that you don't enjoy doing, you know deep inside that there's a ODI match going on right now and thereby lift your spiritis.

Energetic

U19 Cricketer
Rohit v Mustafizur should be interesting. Can it be 4 in 4? Mustafizur/Taskin combination is deadly for any batsman. Mustafizur with his variations and Taskin with his pace and bounce. With our bowling attack, defending 160+ is enough for most teams on most occasions in this format.

Slippaah

U19 12th Man
so thoughts on this mankad?

i thought it was completely justified since chapman was backing up more than a b double when it comes to a four metres or less clearance tunnel but i'm interested to hear you guys
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J67BXBHJa9A

Chapman was not out. Chapman did not prematurely leave the crease. He did not seek an advantage. Wholly different scenario from the U 19 WC mankad or other examples commonly referred to.Watch the video closely. The umpire's instinctive reaction was to signal dead ball with his arms. That was the correct decision but then he changed his mind and gave the batsman out.These teams know each other. The Oman bowler admitted being encouraged by his Coach to do this. Chapman is one of the most promising young batsmen in World cricket. Ranked 5 in the world for T20 International runs scored in 2015. Along with Babar Hyatt a real dangerman to Oman in a challenging run chase. Dismiss him by whatever means was the Oman call ! The Omani player never intended to bowl that ball, baulked after his delivery swing and waited for Chapman to leave the crease. This was a deliberate practised deception involving a faked delivery swing. The same bowler admitted trying this Mankad stuff before. It was as the HK Coach labelled it- cowardly. The bowler moved quickly away from the scene as soon as he did it. He knew ! Given the poorly worded ICC Law it is tough for an Umpire to accurately police this nefarious conduct by a bowler !

Legitimise the conduct of this Omani bowler and you will be watching mankads instead of cricket.

AndyZaltzHair

Hall of Fame Member
Rohit v Mustafizur should be interesting. Can it be 4 in 4? Mustafizur/Taskin combination is deadly for any batsman. Mustafizur with his variations and Taskin with his pace and bounce. With our bowling attack, defending 160+ is enough for most teams on most occasions in this format.
Taskin is not suited for T20s at all. I would bank on Al Amin/Hider more than Taskin for this format.

hendrix

Hall of Fame Member
yeah that's baulking and should be a dead ball. the rules need to be changed to reflect that.

cnerd123

likes this
:(

They were always going to be the weaker of the 4 sides trying to qualify.No real turf pitch experience, young squad in general. The Ryan Campbell selection looks so silly now given that he didn't even play. He would have been travelling with the squad anyways as the batting coach. Why pick him in the final squad and not play him in the first XI?

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
They were always going to be the weaker of the 4 sides trying to qualify.No real turf pitch experience, young squad in general.
I don't know about this. I certainly expected them to be better than Oman at the very least.

cnerd123

likes this
Oman were beastly in the WCL though. They have improved massively. UAE have better facilities and more talent to pick from, and Afghanistan are Afghanistan.

zarawatsonn

Banned
In comparison of Kohli, Rohit Sharma may be emerge as a big hitter.
In coming months there are so many matches.
Let's see who is the best.

Slippaah

U19 12th Man
Disaster tournament for Hong Kong.
More predictable than disastrous. HK lacks player depth. Acquired ODI and T20 International status in 2014/2015 on the back of individual performances by notably Chapman ( uncontracted Uni student amateur ) and Nadeem. Increased funding has seen an enlarged coaching staff and HKCA bureaucracy but diminishing player quality .Babar was superb this tournament but lacked support from the middle and lower order and HK's bowling and fielding fell away. Will struggle in India next month.

cnerd123

likes this
More predictable than disastrous. HK lacks player depth. Acquired ODI and T20 International status in 2014/2015 on the back of individual performances by notably Chapman ( uncontracted Uni student amateur ) and Nadeem. Increased funding has seen an enlarged coaching staff and HKCA bureaucracy but diminishing player quality .Babar was superb this tournament but lacked support from the middle and lower order and HK's bowling and fielding fell away. Will struggle in India next month.
I'd agree with the rest, but you do know that the entire HKCA staff -coaches included- is only 20 people yea?

Senile Sentry

International Debutant
Dhoni has an injury scare.. But can someone explain how Parthiv Patel is a good replacement to bat at 5 for us? :confused:
It is of course a stop gap. Dhoni's injury scare is hopefully not serious.

And he's presently the best in-form keeper-bat in domestic scene. He has had a very good year in limited over matches and T20s and captained his side to Vijay Hazare trophy win. So I guess he is entitled for this recall but agreed he is more value at the top - a Gambhir like player - than in the middle order.

I don't know why Sanju Samson has falled so badly. I know he's had a rough domestic season, hopefully the kid picks up sooner than later and fire in the IPL.

AndyZaltzHair

Hall of Fame Member
For tomorrow's game vs India,

1. Soumya
2. Imrul
3. Shabbir
4. Shakib
5. Mushfiq
6. Nurul+
7. Nasir
8. Mashrafe
9. Hider
10. Al Amin
11. Mustafiz

Tamim is injured so Imrul v2 gets a nod. Can't rely on Shakib solely for spinning duties. Nasir gets in as improved bowler and supporting option. Not expecting much on his batting.